So, I factory reset my old 3DS with the black Top screen, and I want to ask:

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by KoopaStarRpad, Aug 10, 2015.

1. KoopaStarRpad
    OP

KoopaStarRpad Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2015
    Zimbabwe
    How can I check whether or not my 3DS' update version is older then 9.5?
    It's annoying that since my top screen is black ATM, I can't check it really myself.
    I just want to know if I can RAM-hack my ACNL character's face back with it someday, and if there is a way to delete everything including installed updates.
    Maybe with a data-eating SD card method. I don't have much knowledge of hacking because I 1. don't know where to begin, and 2. have a Mac.

2. samiam144

samiam144 RĂ©gulier

Aug 19, 2007
    Canada
    Put the acnl hack files on your sd card, load up your acnl save (make sure you can here the walking sound when you move the circle pad so you know you're in the game and able to move), press HOME, go to the browser, input the URL to dump the ram. If it freezes for a bit then gives you an error (no more than 2 minutes I think), then it might have worked. Check the sd card if there is an acnlram.bin file that is around 768kb. If there is, then it worked. If you're still not sure, load it up on the online ram editor and you should see your character in one of the tabs.

3. KoopaStarRpad
    OP

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2015
    Zimbabwe
    So, you mean the fact that nothing happened for half a minute is nothing bad? Guess I'll try again, I still have some hope left...

4. samiam144

samiam144 RĂ©gulier

Aug 19, 2007
    Canada
    It might have been dumping the game's ram still. If it froze indefinitely, it didn't work. If it froze and then crashed the browser, and the acnlram.bin appears on your sd card, then it worked.

5. KoopaStarRpad
    OP

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2015
    Zimbabwe
    It... froze indefinitely. Both Marc Max's and NeoKamek's RAM backup .bins.
    I tried downloading those .bins too, but it was of no use of course. Is there any, any way to downgrade my 3DS? So I can delete EVERYTHING (Digital games are all transferred), and use some method to update directly to 9.2 or such?