Homebrew So... I bricked my emuNAND

Gold_Up

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Hi everyone ! As the titles says, I've bricked my emuNAND... Then I tried to restore an old backup but there's nothing in it. My old folder in the Nintendo 3DS folder on the SD Card is still there though. That's why I'd like to know if there's any way for me to recover my save files. That's all I really care about. x)
I really need help, thanks in advance !

eonrocket

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm gonna assume that your sysNAND and emuNAND are unlinked.

1. Restore the old backup is the first thing you got it right.
2. Because the games you have are still there (on your SD card), you simply do not have the tickets required in ticket.db to make it appears. All you need to do is to reinstall the game (eShop if legitimate [never tried this out], FBI/DevMenu if CIAs). For the latter, it will says "The program is already existed, import canceled". This reinstalls the ticket and let the game appears in your HOME Menu.
3. If the game has some kind of anti-restore feature, use SDF or JKSV (never actually used this thing) to delete the secure value.

Hope I can help :)

Last edited by eonrocket,

Gold_Up

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Thanks, I'm going to try this ! I hope it works...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have a problem, there's nothing in this emuNAND at all and it's on 11.0 for some reason
I have also noticed that a new folder has appeared in the Nintendo 3DS one
Am I doomed ? :rofl2::(

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
If a new folder apperead itmeans that that EmuNand have is differnt and becase that it have a different SD location.
But if you have any game or app in the previous Nand "Nintendo 3DS" folder, you can first ensure by going to Management Data in System Settings and see if that appear here with or without a cross in them.

Gold_Up

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
I checked in both sysNAND and emuNAND but nothing appears at all
Ah, by the way, I just checked inside my old folder and I think I found my saves but they are in .sav format
Are they usable and can I extract them ?

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Mmm... then youn need a backup from that Nand at least, functionally or unfuctionally at least for can use their SD content in other one.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
do you still have the bricked emunand, as you could probably still dump the movable.sed and tickets file from the bricked nand and inject it into your working one to access your saves

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."