Gaming So I bought a bunch of GBA games!

Phillyman

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamingmagz.com
XP
Country
United States
Tell me if I did good or not
smile.gif
, These are all with free shipping....

$10
5a1e1bke8.jpg

$10
cf381bfy9.jpg

$11
38191tc8.jpg

$10
447e1zp6.jpg

$10
09f11hl1.jpg

$8
49c61zl0.jpg

$12
68ed1at6.jpg

$5
87fb1cx4.jpg

$11
66941mm4.jpg

$13
97741vb5.jpg

$8
ac4b1yq8.jpg

$10
ba7f1ah1.jpg

$10
d67e1jb7.jpg

gbasp.gif
gbasp.gif
gbasp.gif
gbasp.gif

Phillyman

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamingmagz.com
XP
Country
United States
JPH said:
Yeah, you got a good bunch of games!

Play through Golden Sun & Zelda first!
gba.gif

I want to get either a Zelda or Mario lunch box (prefer metal) to store all my GBA games in
wub.gif

Also anyone know of a cheap and legit place to pick up Nyko GBA cases, I only want the ones that snap onto the end of the cartridge, not the ones that you put the entire game inside.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
omfg !

play with Golden Sun first !!

that game is epic in my opinion ^^ ( one of the best GBA Games of all time in my opinion )

lawl cheap prices too ! wonder what a fake GBA Game looks like xD

post the pic of the one that you think was fake !

i wanna see xD

CorruptJon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holt said:
omfg !

play with Golden Sun first !!

that game is epic in my opinion ^^ ( one of the best GBA Games of all time in my opinion )

lawl cheap prices too ! wonder what a fake GBA Game looks like xD

post the pic of the one that you think was fake !

i wanna see xD
They look pretty similar, they just have shit batteries and shit labels lol.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DKC I'd stay away from if you want to preserve the feel of the original SNES game, but otherwise they're good purchases. My only problem with Rayman is that you have to find and collect EVERY electoon stage in the ENTIRE GAME to gain access to the final level. Which is pretty much impossible. So get as far as the second to last stage and then use the cheat code to open all levels so you can see the game ending.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aside from the Sonics and Rayman you got good prices for individual pick ups.

Personally you should take my advice and buy a 'game lot' and just be sure that at least 50% of them are something you really want. The rest you can take to a used game shop and get your money back off the price of the good things. In lots you end up paying like 1/2 or less for a game you'd pay alone. Back around Christmas I picked up a nearly new Sega Master System in the box and it had a few ok games (most sucked) so I hit ebay. Outside of 3 or 4 I got stand alone (but I made sure it was the same dude for cheap ship) I did 2 game lots which took the price of the games down to like $1-2 a piece from $5+. Recently I turned around and took say those $40 in lots and sold the 1/2 that were crap (to me, some weren't but just not my thing) for $20 on return.

Also...flea markets. You can get a lot of things for what you paid or a little less and no shipping involved, though you did get lucky this time having none.

Phillyman

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamingmagz.com
XP
Country
United States
Vampire Hunter D said:
Aside from the Sonics and Rayman you got good prices for individual pick ups.

Personally you should take my advice and buy a 'game lot' and just be sure that at least 50% of them are something you really want. The rest you can take to a used game shop and get your money back off the price of the good things. In lots you end up paying like 1/2 or less for a game you'd pay alone. Back around Christmas I picked up a nearly new Sega Master System in the box and it had a few ok games (most sucked) so I hit ebay. Outside of 3 or 4 I got stand alone (but I made sure it was the same dude for cheap ship) I did 2 game lots which took the price of the games down to like $1-2 a piece from $5+. Recently I turned around and took say those $40 in lots and sold the 1/2 that were crap (to me, some weren't but just not my thing) for $20 on return.

Also...flea markets. You can get a lot of things for what you paid or a little less and no shipping involved, though you did get lucky this time having none.

I was actually going to use that logic to increase my NES and SNES collections. I was going to put away $25 a week for 15 weeks and then take that $400 and look for huge lots of NES or SNES games on Ebay, I was going to make sure that the individual cost per game was where I wanted it , then if I win it, take any doubles I may have an search on Craigslist or gaming websites for people that want to trade NES games. The big GBA lots on Ebay tend to go higher though, I see lots of 20 games going for $200 .....so thats why I bought them individually from a seller who offered free shipping.

By the way, This is the guy I bought these all from.....very nice seller....

http://myworld.ebay.com/bubdavel/

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I've seen traditionally smaller sized game lots unless some really worthwhile gem is in there tends to go very cheap (say 10 games for $20.) From what I've seen it appears that if you go up in 10s again in more cases than not the price is $10 less than the count of games (20 games = $30) as long as something isn't just a standout for some nut like Tengen Tetris, Dragon Warrior 4, a Megaman 1-6 pack, etc. I've seen many cases where you can get 3 great(but hugely produced) games for like $5.

Ultimately it's all about luck, but also shipping comes into it. Some people are still fair, others charge like $5-10 more than they should to cover the ebay backstab extra charges they added in the last couple years between them and PayPal but also tack on a few out of greed.

I forgot to say I recall as far as SMS games go when I did that I ended up taking stuff like 10 game lots for $20 and I had a few 3-4 game lots for $10. NES games on the whole are comparable in pricing when you figure the same overall quality of the games in either bundle for either 8bit system.

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As a pirate - I say no.
Every single one of those games can be played on a PSP perfectly, and since you spent about $160 buying them a PSP phat and MSPD2 gig would have costed the same, then you could have had savestates as well. And PSP/SNES/GENESIS/PS1 games too.

As a non-pirate you did excellent. Gunstar is my fav. platformer ever, kirby and sonic rock too. And Golden Sun... ahhh. Pure gold for good prices. Try to get Mario Kart advance if you can - it rules! (IMO)

Phillyman

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamingmagz.com
XP
Country
United States
shadowboy said:
As a pirate - I say no.
Every single one of those games can be played on a PSP perfectly, and since you spent about $160 buying them a PSP phat and MSPD2 gig would have costed the same, then you could have had savestates as well. And PSP/SNES/GENESIS/PS1 games too.

As a non-pirate you did excellent. Gunstar is my fav. platformer ever, kirby and sonic rock too. And Golden Sun... ahhh. Pure gold for good prices. Try to get Mario Kart advance if you can - it rules! (IMO)

I have a PSP Phat with 3.40 firmware on it, I have the following systems....and want the top 25-50 games for each one of them.....the rest I do have *copies* of...

Nintendo Entertainment System
Gameboy
Gameboy Color
Gameboy Pocket
Gameboy Advance SP
Nintendo Dual Screen
Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Nintendo 64
Nintendo GameCube
Nintendo Wii
Sega Master System
Sega Genesis