Gaming So how's going right now in Xbox 360 "piracy" world :) ?

xraven13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hi everyone...
Since next year there will be tons of awesome games, and my wallet is not big enough for all of them, I am thinking about buying Xbox 360 for playing backup games.
There, I said it.
closedeyes.gif

I also have PlayStation 3 on which I play original games, but like I told I just can't afford all of this games.

So here is few simple questions :

1) Can Xbox 360 with LT+ modification run ALL backup games ?

2) Do they all also work online and if not is some solution coming ? Also, is Microsoft again on ban spree ?

3) ( and last ) Is there any way to play backup games directly from Xbox 360 HDD ? So that I don't need to burn them and damage laser.

Thanks a lot
smile.gif

yo bootyhole

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on the game, some might have protection which you might have to read about.
I would google the game you are trying to play first.

2) Do they all also work online and if not is some solution coming ? Also, is Microsoft again on ban spree ?

You could play online, but you would probably get banned after awhile, I would just play online with ps3.

3) ( and last ) Is there any way to play backup games directly from Xbox 360 HDD ? So that I don't need to burn them and damage laser.
You would need a xbox 360 that has been j-taged or something like that.
It allows you to play xbox 360/regular xbox games from hdd, homebrew etc.
You can only jtag your xbox 360 if it has the old xbox dashboard [around august 2009].
Other than that, there have been no exploits yet so far. :/

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
xraven13 said:
Hi everyone...
Since next year there will be tons of awesome games, and my wallet is not big enough for all of them, I am thinking about buying Xbox 360 for playing backup games.
There, I said it.
closedeyes.gif

I also have PlayStation 3 on which I play original games, but like I told I just can't afford all of this games.

So here is few simple questions :

At the moment it can, yes, but we don't know if another wave may come in next year. If it does, however, you can expect a fix relatively quickly. But as of right now, all games work.

All games do work online, yes, but of course you do carry the risk of being banned. Many are speculating that the LT firmwares are indeed undetectable as no one has been banned yet by using it online. As long as you run all of your games through ABGX to make sure the stealth is all correct, then you should be fine until Microsoft find a way to detect it, if they haven't already.

You can install games to the HDD without a JTAG system but the disc will still need to be inside the console so it can verify that you still own the game.

Thanks a lot
smile.gif
Answers in bold above, but I thought I would explain JTAG's a little more first.

A JTAG Xbox is one that has been internally modified through soldering. It's used for homebrew and can play every game and you can play games directly off the HDD without the disc. But these systems need a pre-Autumn 2009 update Dash. You will NOT be able to get these systems new any more, only if you buy from somewhere like eBay and the listing specifically says it's on a specific dashboard (I forget the exact build number required).

You also cannot play online with a JTAG console.

dan80315

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Livin in a box said:
Answers in bold above, but I thought I would explain JTAG's a little more first.

A JTAG Xbox is one that has been internally modified through soldering. It's used for homebrew and can play every game and you can play games directly off the HDD without the disc. But these systems need a pre-Autumn 2009 update Dash. You will NOT be able to get these systems new any more, only if you buy from somewhere like eBay and the listing specifically says it's on a specific dashboard (I forget the exact build number required).

If I own two 360's, a JTAG'd one and a non-JTAG'd elite, can I still earn my offline achievements on the JTAG'd xbox and still have them show up on my elite?

My reason is mainly so I can play single player games that don't really need online like Fallout, Fable, Mass Effect, etc. on the JTAG but play online with my Elite. If I earn achievements on the JTAG'd will they show up once I start playing on my Elite?

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dan80315 said:
Livin in a box said:

If I own two 360's, a JTAG'd one and a non-JTAG'd elite, can I still earn my offline achievements on the JTAG'd xbox and still have them show up on my elite?

My reason is mainly so I can play single player games that don't really need online like Fallout, Fable, Mass Effect, etc. on the non JTAG but play online with my Elite. If I earn achievements on the JTAG'd will they show up once I start playing on my Elite?

Yeah, but it would require you to switch over your Gamer Profile every time you want your GS to show up online. From your JTAG, to your legit XBOX 360.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I hate these DIY furniture kits so bad