Hacking So how well is the game compatibility for this flashcart?

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, here's the thing. My cousin bought an Acekard with a 2GB microSD from his mother in-law for $50 (Is that a good deal?). I don't know what kind it is since I haven't seen it yet. My question is, do all the current games work with this flashcart, or is it only most?

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Which one is better? Acekard 2 or Acekard RPG? Although it was an okay deal I think because you could've gotten lower.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
golden said:
IOwnAndPwnU said:
Which one is better? Acekard 2 or Acekard RPG? Although it was an okay deal I think because you could've gotten lower.
RPG
You want people to respect your thread. You could get better deals. The normal Acekard 2 is just as good as the Acekard RPG, and it has external storage. Don't spend more money for something of less quality. It has great compatibility, read the review, and has firmware updates too. So go for the Acekard 2 if you still can. I'd say I'd prefer external storage, but it's really your decision.

Acekard RPG=$65 USD DealExtreme
Acekard 2=$25 USD DealExtreme
A-Data MicroSD 2GB(bigger than the Acekard RPG internal storage)= $6.99 USD on Newegg
You can get bigger storage though. So Acekard 2 is cheaper, and just as good as the RPG.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lostsoul5673 said:
golden said:
IOwnAndPwnU said:
RPG
You want people to respect your thread. You could get better deals. The normal Acekard 2 is just as good as the Acekard RPG, and it has external storage. Don't spend more money for something of less quality. It has great compatibility, read the review, and has firmware updates too. So go for the Acekard 2 if you still can. I'd say I'd prefer external storage, but it's really your decision.

Acekard RPG=$65 USD DealExtreme
Acekard 2=$25 USD DealExtreme
A-Data MicroSD 2GB(bigger than the Acekard RPG internal storage)= $6.99 USD on Newegg
You can get bigger storage though. So Acekard 2 is cheaper, and just as good as the RPG.
He didn't ask for the price. He just asked for which one is better. Not counting price it is unquestionably the AKRPG for its NAND. I also think he was asking which on is better because he was referring to his cousin's deal with his mother in law. The RPG would again be better deal for $50. Price wise ya, it can be debated which one is better but I didn't look at all at the price.

seren

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
golden said:
Not counting price it is unquestionably the AKRPG for its NAND.

Unquestionably? Really? I have a couple of questions.

1. With the latest AK2 beta firmware, I don't see any game/video slowdown. Why is this NAND you speak of better?
2. With the AK2 gaining more popularity than the RPG, more support has been shifted to the AK2. How can you say so confidently that the AKRPG is still better?

Thanks.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
The AK2 has alot more potential than the AKRPG as the AKRPG was designed for 1MB save types which means anything larger simply won't work. The AK2 also makes other features easier to code. Not to mention as seren stated its more popular and gets more updated quicker.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
seren said:
golden said:
Not counting price it is unquestionably the AKRPG for its NAND.

Unquestionably? Really? I have a couple of questions.

1. With the latest AK2 beta firmware, I don't see any game/video slowdown. Why is this NAND you speak of better?
2. With the AK2 gaining more popularity than the RPG, more support has been shifted to the AK2. How can you say so confidently that the AKRPG is still better?

Thanks.
If they were the same price I would much rather take the RPG any day over the AK2. The only thing that I overlooked and would take back is what normmatt said. Unfortunately the AKRPG can't support game saves over 1 MB.

And actually there are probably still freezes on games like TWEWY's intro if you have a slow microSD card. The RPG offers a free 1gigabyte of NAND. That would obviously be better. Remember, I was saying the RPG is better if you don't look at the price.

g4med4d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The NAND memory is the onboard memory built into the Acekard RPG only. The Acekard 2 does not have any NAND memory.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i just got a 4070ti