So how well is the game compatibility for this flashcart?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by ChaosBoi, Aug 8, 2008.

1. ChaosBoi
    OP

Member ChaosBoi Ushiromiya Battler

United States
    Okay, here's the thing. My cousin bought an Acekard with a 2GB microSD from his mother in-law for $50 (Is that a good deal?). I don't know what kind it is since I haven't seen it yet. My question is, do all the current games work with this flashcart, or is it only most?

2. Aerundel

Newcomer Aerundel Advanced Member

United States
    All games work. I think there was a problem with Wall-E recently, but that got fixed.

3. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Whether it's a good deal depends on whether it's an Acekard 2 or an Acekard RPG.

-Bri

4. IOwnAndPwnU

Member IOwnAndPwnU GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Which one is better? Acekard 2 or Acekard RPG? Although it was an okay deal I think because you could've gotten lower.

5. golden

Member golden What a Digital Dummy!!!

United States
    RPG

6. IOwnAndPwnU

Canada
    Why? And what's the price difference?

7. alex

Member alex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    You want people to respect your thread. You could get better deals. The normal Acekard 2 is just as good as the Acekard RPG, and it has external storage. Don't spend more money for something of less quality. It has great compatibility, read the review, and has firmware updates too. So go for the Acekard 2 if you still can. I'd say I'd prefer external storage, but it's really your decision.

Acekard RPG=$65 USD DealExtreme
    Acekard 2=$25 USD DealExtreme
    A-Data MicroSD 2GB(bigger than the Acekard RPG internal storage)= $6.99 USD on Newegg
    You can get bigger storage though. So Acekard 2 is cheaper, and just as good as the RPG.

8. golden

United States
    He didn't ask for the price. He just asked for which one is better. Not counting price it is unquestionably the AKRPG for its NAND. I also think he was asking which on is better because he was referring to his cousin's deal with his mother in law. The RPG would again be better deal for $50. Price wise ya, it can be debated which one is better but I didn't look at all at the price.

9. seren

Newcomer seren Advanced Member

Australia
    Unquestionably? Really? I have a couple of questions.

1. With the latest AK2 beta firmware, I don't see any game/video slowdown. Why is this NAND you speak of better?
    2. With the AK2 gaining more popularity than the RPG, more support has been shifted to the AK2. How can you say so confidently that the AKRPG is still better?

Thanks.

10. Normmatt

Member Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

New Zealand
    The AK2 has alot more potential than the AKRPG as the AKRPG was designed for 1MB save types which means anything larger simply won't work. The AK2 also makes other features easier to code. Not to mention as seren stated its more popular and gets more updated quicker.

11. golden

United States
    If they were the same price I would much rather take the RPG any day over the AK2. The only thing that I overlooked and would take back is what normmatt said. Unfortunately the AKRPG can't support game saves over 1 MB.

And actually there are probably still freezes on games like TWEWY's intro if you have a slow microSD card. The RPG offers a free 1gigabyte of NAND. That would obviously be better. Remember, I was saying the RPG is better if you don't look at the price.

12. IOwnAndPwnU

Canada
    n00b question: What is NAND memory thingy? Does it come with the AK2?

13. g4med4d

Member g4med4d GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The NAND memory is the onboard memory built into the Acekard RPG only. The Acekard 2 does not have any NAND memory.