ROM Hack So how the hell does this Spider/AR/QR cheat code thing work? Step by Step for GW user. *funny vid*

Swing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I downgrade the old broswer? I can't get that cia program to work. Do you think you could send me a file of it to use?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
run game-
press home-
open camera-
scan using qr, will ask to open browser-
after it's done the crash box will come up, press A-
go back to game and see if code worked-

make sure you are on old browser-
make sure your scanning the correct game-ID-

it works fine in 9.7 emuNAND using old browser, so downgrade it-

wait how did you just downgrade the browser

NEO117

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I have a US N3DS XL with Emunand on 9.0 running. Do I have to downgrade my browser? CAN I downgrade it? Same ID and all?

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I have a US N3DS XL with Emunand on 9.0 running. Do I have to downgrade my browser? CAN I downgrade it? Same ID and all?

It will not work on New 3DS. N3DS uses Skater browser, which was patched from the beginning. You actually can install Spider browser (browser for O3DS), but there is no way to launch it, because home menu is looking for Skater only. That leaves two ways.

1. Create homebrew that launches the browser - The problem with this, is that browser is not normal tittle. It is not a application, but a applet which runs at the same time as another application. And we dont know how to execute it from anywhere else than the home menu. And even if we mannage to run it, we will not be able to scan a QR code. You would have to manually enter the URL. And that homebrew title would quit your game.

2.Install O3DS home menu - You can do that, but it will result in a brick.

So, there is nothing you can do.

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will not work on New 3DS. N3DS uses Skater browser, which was patched from the beginning. You actually can install Spider browser (browser for O3DS), but there is no way to launch it, because home menu is looking for Skater only. That leaves two ways.

1. Create homebrew that launches the browser - The problem with this, is that browser is not normal tittle. It is not a application, but a applet which runs at the same time as another application. And we dont know how to execute it from anywhere else than the home menu. And even if we mannage to run it, we will not be able to scan a QR code. You would have to manually enter the URL. And that homebrew title would quit your game.

2.Install O3DS home menu - You can do that, but it will result in a brick.

So, there is nothing you can do.

There is a way to use ARCodes on the New3DS, but it requires the NTR CFW + Debugger. http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-...eu-us-aus-new-3ds.385142/page-26#post-5476380

Swing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed the correct .cia web browser but how do I know that I'm using the correct one? It says AR code is running but then I get a message after I get booted out saying something's up with my SD card and I need to reboot. I went back into Bravely Default and the code wasn't working.

Swing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is there anything I'm sposed to do after installing the .cia? How do I know that the .cia is the downgraded version of the web launcher?

Melly Pix

Gbatemp's Lady Vulpix
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All of this is answered and explained throughout the ARCode thread by KazoWAR. All you need to use is the search function.. -.-
Not surprised you can't find it though, with all your furryphobia..children need help to do anything and everything these days..
http://gbatemp.net/threads/spider-arcode.383937/page-75
Use the 3DSNUS, then use your cia installer, bigbluemenu etc, then follow the instructions on the first post or elsewhere in his thread.
Shouldn't take very long to figure this out imo..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.