So how screwed are you if you get busted

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by MetaKz, Jun 26, 2007.

Jun 26, 2007
  1. MetaKz
    OP

Newcomer MetaKz Advanced Member

Canada
    Anyone have any stories on people getting screwed over after getting caught with a flash device or something? :| I'm just curious..

I wonder how much trouble you get into. I know if you're caught with backed-up movies it's 2500 dollars per movie or something. But movie piracy is a big no no compared to games.

2. Sinkhead

Former Staff Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

United Kingdom
    It's the dealers they go after, not the buyers. Besides, flashcarts aren't illegal because you can use them for legal things (watching movies, listening to music etc) but modchips are illegal because they can only be used for illegal purposes (so far).
    I think this is true, but I'm not a legal expert or anything.

- Sam

3. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    I never heard any of those stories. And I even brought my M3 with me on vacation.

Btw, about those movies: do you still have to pay that sum of money if you have the movie on a original DVD at home? 'Cause I have my DS- and GBA-games backed up on my flashcard together with some music and movies, but I own all of them!

4. 2cb2ct7

Member 2cb2ct7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I have heard that at a customs level (not sure if this for Australia only or internationally) that pirated video games are being targeted over movies and music recently.

Where did you get that figure of $2500 per movie? What countries does this apply in? All films or only certain distributors films? A lot of ambiguity here [​IMG]

5. tenchan4

Member tenchan4 GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    Bootlegging games, movies and music is like smoking weed. Its not legal in the states, but alot of people still do it. But, to quote KRS-1, "Illegal business controls America." [​IMG]

6. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    How would be caught in the first place? Most people don't care (unless they work for Nintendo [​IMG])

7. Gus122000

Member Gus122000 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    imagine that you go to nintendo and with your flash cart lolol they would smack the crap out of you and kick you out lololol

8. OG LOCC NESS

Member OG LOCC NESS GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yeah you think if they see you they'll yell FREEZE and it ends up being a scene from COPS? That's not going to happen; besides, look how great Nintendo is doing anyway. The DS and Wii are outselling in just about every country in the world

9. MetaKz
    OP

Newcomer MetaKz Advanced Member

Canada
    The 2500 per movie is a fine from the RIAA i think.. so basically only in america. Annnnnnd yeah, I was just curious on this "what if" situation [​IMG] Pirated games over movies and music? D: Nonsense [​IMG] Hopefully [​IMG]

I suppose I am being paranoid.. people have been tracked through their IPs and stuff after all

10. TLSpartan

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    As long as you own the real game you are fine MetaKz.

700th post [​IMG]

11. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    here if u dont pirate u dont get the stuff so it's profit rather than fear for the dealers

12. TLSpartan

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    Where do you live shakirmoledina? it same here in Australia, we get barely any games

13. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States