Homebrew So how many here remember Project M?

insomniac45177

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought my copy of it was gone. I mean its been missing for more than 2 years. My version of it I was never able to find more than one time and i have no clue how I was able to keep it like i had. (probably because i lost it)

Well I was going through some boxes of some old computer stuff and I find one of those really old white SD cards that Nintendo sold with the Wii when it was first launched. I just kind of laughed and sat it on my desk. Close to 6 months later I see it again and decide to see if it still worked and what was on it. When I plugged it in and my project m loaded up my jaw dropped. lol

Its that project m: pratt edition. I was never able to find it ever again. For those of you that dont know, project m is like a fan made smash game which is kind of like a cross between melee and brawl. I dont know much about the pratt edition of it either. I just know that I played it for hours and hours.
im pretty sure it had about 300 characters on it. crazy fighters like michael jackson, shaq, ronald mcdonald and spiderman. iv spent so much time playing it lol

anyways I was excited and thought I would share

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
I remember. I actually still play a lot of Project M. I play a really cool build called Smash Bros. Legacy,which is actually still in development. See, the Brawl modding scene isn't dead yet! If you're going to try it, I recommend Smash Bros. Legacy XP, since Smash Bros. Legacy TE is for tournaments and Smash Bros. Legacy M 3.6 is old.

Reactions: KapuDaKoopa

insomniac45177

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember. I actually still play a lot of Project M. I play a really cool build called Smash Bros. Legacy,which is actually still in development. See, the Brawl modding scene isn't dead yet! If you're going to try it, I recommend Smash Bros. Legacy XP, since Smash Bros. Legacy TE is for tournaments and Smash Bros. Legacy M 3.6 is old.
wow I had no idea they were still doing it. honestly I never got into to many fan games other some of the pokemon gba games but those were great. I never knew of any other than project m lol

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
wow I had no idea they were still doing it. honestly I never got into to many fan games other some of the pokemon gba games but those were great. I never knew of any other than project m lol
Yeah, I didn't either until I found Legacy. TBH I never knew about PM until Etika made a video on it. I found a mirror, downloaded it, and had a blast. Then I found Legacy. Also, did I mention that the latest build of Legacy XP, 2.0 BETA, adds RIDLEY as a playable character?

insomniac45177

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I didn't either until I found Legacy. TBH I never knew about PM until Etika made a video on it. I found a mirror, downloaded it, and had a blast. Then I found Legacy. Also, did I mention that the latest build of Legacy XP, 2.0 BETA, adds RIDLEY as a playable character?
yeah i just watched the reveal trailer i looks amazing

Reactions: PrincessLillie

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
yeah i just watched the reveal trailer i looks amazing
Just know that if you're downloading it, you'll need an 8 GB SD Card or larger. It's worth it, since Legacy XP adds 8 more fighters, 700 (!) additional stages, and a number of new modes to the game. Plus, remember the announcer for Melee? He's the announcer for Legacy XP too!

insomniac45177

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just know that if you're downloading it, you'll need an 8 GB SD Card or larger. It's worth it, since Legacy XP adds 8 more fighters, 700 (!) additional stages, and a number of new modes to the game. Plus, remember the announcer for Melee? He's the announcer for Legacy XP too!
yeah i was thinking about downloading it. iv got a few 64gb and 2 128gb so shouldnt be an issue there

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

yeah i was thinking about downloading it. iv got a few 64gb and 2 128gb so shouldnt be an issue there
really wanna try this on dolphin vr

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my opinion, Project M is the best smash game out of the five (Project M included). Don't get me wrong, I adore Melee and Smash 64, 64 being my favorite to watch, I just think that there is something special about a game being worked on for six years and being adopted by almost everyone as an official smash game. I play it everyday and i don't see myself slowing down anytime soon. I just hope one day, Nintendo will acknowledge its existence and give the team that worked on it the recognition they deserve.

Reactions: InfiniteBlue

InfiniteBlue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Project M is what got me into competitive Smash, following the development of it was one hell of a ride. I started way back when 2.1 was just released. I never thought I could be so passionate about a fan game.

It's a better game than both Brawl and 4, in what it attempts to accomplish at least. Nowadays I use Legacy TE as my go to (Legacy XP is cool but crashes way too much, very frustrating when friends are over). My avatar, "Hood Diddy", is actually from XP.

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Project M is what got me into competitive Smash, following the development of it was one hell of a ride. I started way back when 2.1 was just released. I never thought I could be so passionate about a fan game.

It's a better game than both Brawl and 4, in what it attempts to accomplish at least. Nowadays I use Legacy TE as my go to (Legacy XP is cool but crashes way too much, very frustrating when friends are over). My avatar, "Hood Diddy", is actually from XP.
who is your main? I main Old-Manondorf.

Sticksandstones

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a Smash enthusiast and I've never even HEARD of Legacy XP.
Thanks to this thread, I downloaded it and so far I love it.
I've been using basic PM3.6 for a long time. This is great! Thanks, guys. :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all