Hacking So, how long until we can sync trophies from our PC?

yatesl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
With Sony laying down the ban hammer on anyone who goes online with CFW, you can't sync your trophies to the servers, meaning you can't show all your friends how sUp3r 1337 you are at getting Platinum on Toy Story 3. As far as I'm aware, all trophy data is stored under "/dev_hdd0/home/00000001/trophy", where "00000001" is your user account. This is helpful if you need to swap out hard drives, as trophies don't back up automatically when you do a system back up from the XMB.

With this data available, do you think programmers will be able to make an application (or js, or whatever) to connect to the Sony servers, and update your online profile with these?

xDarkAngelx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djricekcn said:
No log of the game being played when trophy syncs = probably a ban as well

Not necessarily, my sister was playing Dragon Age Origins and her trophy list was glitched, so she didn't get a couple of trophies when she'd finished the requirements for them. She signed in the next week (she was playing FFXIII during that week) and synced her trophies to the server and she had her trophy five minutes later.

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
I don't see the point of trophies if you can't even go online (reliably anyway) to show them off, which is stupid to begin with I think
mellow.gif

caster62003

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well aint that a bummer, you gone and irked Sony, Sony backlashed, banned your a** and you now want to use their online service again? Should have thought about that before installing the CFW. Thats the problem these days, kids want something, and they want it now, don't do any research on the topic, few days later, something backfires, and now they want something different back that they lost because they did something wrong. Suck it, play your offline only games, and stop whining you got banned, you knew it was going to happen.

yatesl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
caster62003 said:
Well aint that a bummer, you gone and irked Sony, Sony backlashed, banned your a** and you now want to use their online service again? Should have thought about that before installing the CFW. Thats the problem these days, kids want something, and they want it now, don't do any research on the topic, few days later, something backfires, and now they want something different back that they lost because they did something wrong. Suck it, play your offline only games, and stop whining you got banned, you knew it was going to happen.
I'm not banned. I don't connect to PSN for that very reason.

Good assumption, though.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djricekcn said:
Not necessarily. While waiting for CFW and stuff and before breaking down and hopping on to CFW myself, I had earned a bunch of them while offline. Once f*ckPSN came out so I could connect, it allowed me to sync just fine.

I think it's more a case of having the time log there for the trophy data while syncing too.

Fye_DX

Trophies
XP
Country
djricekcn said:
Just because you're playing offline doesn't mean you don't have logs of what you play. Those are inside your PS3. That's why if you connect to PSN you always have a certain risk of getting banned if you're using homebrew, it's logged on the PS3. I doubt they'd ban you for not having logs saying you played a game you got trophies on though. The log file is limited. If you play a certain number of games it starts deleting the older logs. If you played for 1 year and then logged on to PSN, even on OFW, you wouldn't have logs on all the games you got trophies for.

...I think this got overly confusing so: You (most probably) won't get banned for that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: