So... How long is Super Mario Galaxy?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Relys, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Relys
    OP

Relys Master of Computer Science

Jan 5, 2007
    United States
    For those lucky few that actually have the game... How long is it? It's a seller question for me! I played the demo at GS and thought it was pretty sweet, but I don't wanna pay for a game that is as short as NSMB!

2. Warm Woolly Shee

Warm Woolly Shee GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 14, 2006
    United States
    Butt City, FA rt
    I'd love to hear some general impressions of SMG for those lucky enough to have played it.

3. Raze1988

Raze1988 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2007
    Australia
    I heard there are 120 stars to collect like in SM64, but only 4 per stage.

If that's true = 30 different stages of fun. And i'm going to collect all stars in the first run. I remember that collecting every single star took (me) really long in SM64.

4. Redsquirrel

Redsquirrel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 27, 2007
    weird i heard it was about 6 per stage or something.

Takes 8 hours to beat, or about 15 for all 120 stars (from ignboards anyway)

5. Relys
    OP

Relys Master of Computer Science

Jan 5, 2007
    United States
    [​IMG] :'(

Remember the good old days when they made platformers/games freaking long? [​IMG]

I've still not collected all the stars in Super Mario 64/Super Mario Sunshine, and I could swear I've spent more time than 15 hours.

6. ozzyzak

ozzyzak GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 10, 2006
    United States
    San Diego, CA
    Like what? Depending on how old you go, those games didn't last anywhere near 8 hours. They also didn't have any reason to go back and play. There were no optional quests or anything like that.

Super Mario 64 was long to me, I dunno. Maybe this game is really easy but to be honest, I bet this game will take longer than 15 hours for me to get all 120 stars.

7. fldash

fldash Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2006
    Not sure how long I've played... maybe 3/4 hours and I only have 10 starts... if there is 120, it's going to take a lot longer than 8 hours... Of course, I like to explore the levels a lot, not just blaze through them...

8. asher

asher ^ Liar

Aug 16, 2004
    Mexico
    im one of those too.