Hardware So how are the DS games looking on the 3DS XL/LL

nathancnc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course they do!!! I was expecting it when I got my XL.

The games look blury even on a ds lite... why would you expect this new console to magically increase the games' resolution??? Original ds games are only like 200 pixels.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
So I was wondering since the DS games looked blurry on the original 3DS... Does the 3DS XL/LL have the same problem?
It still looks a bit blurry, but so much better than on the original because of the lower ppi and larger screen.

In fact, it looks even better than DSi XL IMO because the figures don't look as blocky.

Reactions: 1 person

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've loaded almost all of my DSiWare onto my 3DS XL, and truthfully the upscaling looks nicer on the 3DS XL than it does on the 3DS.
Not sure why that would be, but playing some favourite DSiWare of mine on the larger screens is great, the upscaling is not all that detrimental.

But if you prefer to play it in its original resolution, that's great too since they'll appear about as large as they do on a DSi.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I've loaded almost all of my DSiWare onto my 3DS XL, and truthfully the upscaling looks nicer on the 3DS XL than it does on the 3DS.
Not sure why that would be, but playing some favourite DSiWare of mine on the larger screens is great, the upscaling is not all that detrimental.

But if you prefer to play it in its original resolution, that's great too since they'll appear about as large as they do on a DSi.
Actually it's slightly larger than DSi.

However it just feels better playing it stretched on XL. Not pixel perfect, but just feels better.

insidexdeath

OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Better than the DSi XL? I had the DSi XL and it looked much better than the original 3DS, not sure about the 3DS XL, but since you said it's the same, then it shouldn't be any better. I was thinking of switching my 3DS to the 3DS XL, but since there wasn't any change with the DS gaming on the 3DS XL and it still looks blurry, then I don't see any point of switching models.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Better than the DSi XL? I had the DSi XL and it looked much better than the original 3DS, not sure about the 3DS XL, but since you said it's the same, then it shouldn't be any better. I was thinking of switching my 3DS to the 3DS XL, but since there wasn't any change with the DS gaming on the 3DS XL and it still looks blurry, then I don't see any point of switching models.
I have to say that it looks better, but not by a distinct margin. The screen size is the same, but because of the higher ppi compared to DSi XL, things look a lot less blocky.

The blur is still present, but far less than what it was on the original 3DS. The blur makes some DS games look even better too.

dragonkid6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...every post is someone expressing their own opinion of what games look like on the different systems. facts are the 3DS XL and the DSi XL are the same size, and the graphics on a 3DS are the same on an XL just a bigger screen resulting in larger images and also making a game's pixels more visible. These are the facts OP, you can't judge how something will look by someone else's opinion. Some of the people here can't 3D as much as others and some people's eyes can't follow fast movement. Some people are color blind if only slightly and don't know it. Just read the facts.

To others, plz just post facts.

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
Don't forget that not everyone have the same eyes problem (or not at all). Beside, DSiWares are jokes and DS games are meant to be played on a DS. Don't forget that Nintendo lets you play DS games on 3DS simply not to ear complaints about buying a different system and all that crap.

Pip'

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end