Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
OH GOD NINTENDO.

ONE HOUR TO SHOW EVERYTHING AGAIN?

Geez, so i stood up until 3AM, just to fricking listen to same games i heard yesterday. Pointless.

You lost me in this conference... It was indeed the worse from all 4. (2x Nintendo, 1x Sony, 1x Microsoft)

Reactions: 2 people
D

Deleted_171835

Screw you Reggie.

Die Nintendo

Die.

smiley-angry020.gif

Klarkykat

Trophies
XP
Country
Shockingly bad. If i was a nintendo shareholder i'd sell everything immediately.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I might sell my 3DS. I'm at 60% keep 40% sell at this moment because they just don't support the damn thing. When they announce a Title they make it release in 6 months? The games (we have now) don't have enough substance or replay-ability to get 6 months of game-play out of them. I'm rambling, but you get the idea! This show put the Wii U as the focus and the 3DS was just some sort of side show. It appears Nintendo has already peaked and is now phasing out. They better hope the PS4 and Xbox 720 don't sign many exclusive deals and place bad ass Wii U crushing hardware inside their consoles. Nintendo won't phase out but the user base will. How much can the user base put up with before they say "screw it," and just get their Mario/Zelda fix on older consoles and start to have almost too much software to choose from by switching their future console choice?

Reactions: 1 person

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I might sell my 3DS. I'm at 60% keep 40% sell at this moment because they just don't support the damn thing. When they announce a Title they make it release in 6 months? The games aren't that good and filled with enough substance to get 6 months of gameplay. I'm rambling, but you get the idea!
Just wait for Capcom Summer 2012 and TGS, they'll be better than E3 was.

Reactions: 2 people

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A year and a half ago, animal crossing 3d was a game, a game I wanted to pay money to own, but now its gone :(

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
overreacting much.

the conference was bad, boring, and showed what we already knew.

the games themselves are going to sell like crazy. nintendo ain't losing nothing from this.

Reactions: 4 people

Alexrose

Untitled
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey! At least we get to see some PMSSing! ;)

Yeah so they could confirm that they've ruined the series.

Take RPG formula: Strategically using attacks and special attacks with a party of characters that use some secondary bar (mana/mp/pp etc.) to defeat your enemies. Gain EXP in doing so to become more powerful and learn more attacks. Change attacks based on how effective they are versus different enemies. If needs be, use one-use items to gain an advantage in battle.
Reduce it to: Attack with whatever one use items you have in your inventory to defeat enemies. Items are found everywhere. Battling enemies wastes your stickers and you get no experience. Gain exp for doing chores for random toads.

It's essentially become a game in which you walk around and manage your inventory. Walk to area. Oh look, some puzzle. It requires a fan. I have a fan in my inventory. Pity it's not a sticker, and I didn't turn it into a sticker, because when you turn "stuff" into stickers they waste most of your inventory space, and I have like 8 items in my "stuff" menu, and I didn't know which one would be used next. I guess I'll have to backtrack all the way to the Perky Toad to turn it into a sticker, and then backtrack all the way back here so I can find out what item I need to turn into a sticker next.

Paper Mario 2 is to chicken as to Paper Mario 3DS is to churches.

(If you're unsure what that means, watch a couple of minutes of this video from the 5:15 mark) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aip2aIt0ROM#t=5m13

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! At least we get to see some PMSSing! ;)

Yeah so they could confirm that they've ruined the series.

Take RPG formula: Strategically using attacks and special attacks with a party of characters that use some secondary bar (mana/mp/pp etc.) to defeat your enemies. Gain EXP in doing so to become more powerful and learn more attacks. Change attacks based on how effective they are versus different enemies. If needs be, use one-use items to gain an advantage in battle.
Reduce it to: Attack with whatever one use items you have in your inventory to defeat enemies. Items are found everywhere. Battling enemies wastes your stickers and you get no experience. Gain exp for doing chores for random toads.

It's essentially become a game in which you walk around and manage your inventory. Walk to area. Oh look, some puzzle. It requires a fan. I have a fan in my inventory. Pity it's not a sticker, and I didn't turn it into a sticker, because when you turn "stuff" into stickers they waste most of your inventory space, and I have like 8 items in my "stuff" menu, and I didn't know which one would be used next. I guess I'll have to backtrack all the way to the Perky Toad to turn it into a sticker, and then backtrack all the way back here so I can find out what item I need to turn into a sticker next.

Paper Mario 2 is to chicken as to Paper Mario 3DS is to churches.

(If you're unsure what that means, watch a couple of minutes of this video from the 5:15 mark) http://www.youtube.c...2aIt0ROM#t=5m13
Actually, I think PMSS looks amazing, I can't wait for it. It's certainly not more of the same, and if you're going to baw because they changed up the formula...well, now I can understand why Pokemon is selling so well.

Alexrose

Untitled
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually, I think PMSS looks amazing, I can't wait for it. It's certainly not more of the same, and if you're going to baw because they changed up the formula...well, now I can understand why Pokemon is selling so well.

I'm not bawing because they're changing up the formula, I'm "bawing" because it's a really bad idea. They're turning a really fun RPG into an inventory management quest that's designed to either ruin a completionist's day (as they'd have to abandon some of their big stickers if they made them into stickers at the wrong time to free up inventory space) or waste your time (as you have to backtrack back and forth between the Perky Toad to convert "stuff" into stickers once you find the way to use those quest items).

Why couldn't the quest items just be that.. quest items.. that you keep in your inventory and use at the right time and don't waste inventory space? Oh yeah, that's right, to double your play time.

Reactions: 1 person

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm not bawing because they're changing up the formula, I'm "bawing" because it's a really bad idea. They're turning a really fun RPG into an inventory management quest that's designed to either ruin a completionist's day (as they'd have to abandon some of their big stickers if they made them into stickers at the wrong time to free up inventory space) or waste your time (as you have to backtrack back and forth between the Perky Toad to convert "stuff" into stickers once you find the way to use those quest items).

Why couldn't the quest items just be that.. quest items.. that you keep in your inventory and use at the right time and don't waste inventory space? Oh yeah, that's right, to double your play time.
So you don't want to play the game for longer?

Alexrose

Untitled
OP
Trophies
XP
Country

So you don't want to play the game for longer?

What don't you get about this? There's real play time, that's innovative gameplay that's different and fun. Then there's added gameplay which is backtracking back and forth and back and forth and accomplishing nothing while you're backtracking which just adds to your play time so you can claim "Woo, we have a 60 hour game". It's like in Zelda: Skyward Sword where you have to go back through dungeons you've completed before all the way to the boss room just to finish a fetch quest. That's not extra FUN gametime, it's just extra gametime.

So, no, I'd rather have a shorter, fun experience than a game that adds 100 hours by making me go back and forth or grind. Watch that video I linked by Egoraptor, he can summarise it much more nicely than I can. Chicken and churches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: