Gaming So guys what do I need to get better graphics on my PAL Wii?

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
Some games have some serious aliasing issues, some don't.
Silent Hill Shattered Memories for example was nice and clean for me, it looked absolutely gorgeous on my HDTV(my 2nd favorite SH after SH2 btw).
But games like FF CC Crystal Bearers, RE Darkside Chronicles and a few others have some serious aliasing issues, jaggies, flickery edges/textures, it's terrible.

I thought all I'd need would be a component cable since I don't have one atm, just using the default Red, White and Yellow scart cables that came with the Wii, but a guy on GFAQs said Nintendo messed up PAL Wii's or some such and that only PAL owners ever get these issues.
I checked to see what Crystal Bearers would look like on an SD TV and it had some aliasing on that too.

So, do I just need a component cable to make games look cleaner? And how come it's just some games that look bad while others are fine? At first I thought it was just the games, but people on GFAQs said nobody's ever complained about jaggies and stuff in FF CB until now.

ciris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to hear your about your disappointment. The easy fix for me was to get a component cable. I wont ever go back to using rca with my wii. If games have jaggies then you'll have them with component. They may even be more apparent to you since the component makes things clearer and a little sharper too. My experience with rca cables was when I was playing wii sports golf. The tree texutures look awfully ugly, muddy, fuzzy, blurry and just overall terrible to me. I got the components a week later and hooked it up and backdrops were very much improved
wink.gif
Just get the component cables. Its a must have with the wii.

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
disappointment :wtf: That was a weird way to put it, wtf
I've had my Wii since 2007 and I sure as hell am not disappointed with it, I just find it weird that some games have jaggies for me that's all, I didn't think much of it until that guy said it was just on PAL Wii's.

Thanks tho, I guess I'll go buy component cables

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Some games just cover up jagginess better then others. The gpu on the Wii isn't exactly fantastic. You will notice it more with a component cable. With a composite cable it'd usually be more blurry. I still wouldn't go back to using composite after I got my component cable.
smile.gif

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I called this store and they said they had a 4 in one Component cable, that's like 4 XBox, Wii and two other systems, is that a good one? I don't really know anything about this component cable stuff lol

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I got some cheap unofficial Wii component cable that works fine. No ghosting, or it cutting out from time to time. I'm sure the store would take it back if it didn't work right.

hughjass

Trophies
Website
www.marcreeves.co.uk
XP
Country
There are some terrible 3rd party ones out there though, so I'd be careful if you don't go for the official ones.

Myself, I have component cables hooked up to my XCM VGA box, which is hooked up to my PC monitor.

Some games look fine, but in my experience any game with a bad case of the jaggies will only get worse with component.

For example, all I ever heard was how great mario galaxy looked through component cables. Well, I think it looks like utter shite through component, there are unbelievably bad jaggies on everything. Even through my old CRT TV with RCA there were a lot of jaggies though!

However, that could just be my setup. There are so many variables involved (the tv/monitor, the cables, the game), that you're lucky if all your games look good on your display.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9p0iK877W4