So. GSTennis and VTennis

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by LagunaCid, Aug 24, 2009.

Aug 24, 2009

So. GSTennis and VTennis by LagunaCid at 8:22 PM (1,419 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. LagunaCid
    OP

Member LagunaCid GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Are any of those actually picking up WMP for?
    Just wondering.

2. chrisf

Banned chrisf Banned

United States
    virtua tennis

3. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Actually wondering the same question.
    Both these games seem to have their flaws, and I was wondering which one is actually the best now.
    I really hope another Tennis game gets released, that learns of the mistakes of these 2 games and perfects them.
    A tennis game with Motion Plus, with Career mode, with online mode, with local multiplayer, just with everything.

4. maduin

Member maduin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I still play Grand Slam Tennis online at least a few times a day. Motion Plus works great and the overall controls for GST are much better and easier to grasp than VT and much more consistant. In Virtua Tennis there is virtually no online, there is no random matchmaking so you can't play against anyone unless you have a friend code and you have to manually choose M+ before each game you play or it will go default to just the wii remote, even if you have M+ plugged in.

GST has a nice simple campaign mode where you can earn new gear, shoes and rackets can give you boosts to speed, hustle, topspin, etc. By beating top players you can earn their skills like Roddick's serve or Sampra's Net Volley and then you can take your custom character online to play and rank up amongst the best of them.

If you want to be competitive online, you gonna have to use the nunchuck for greater character control. But if I'm playing in the same room with someone, we usually just use the remote and M+.

I really wanted to like Virtua Tennis, but the controls and overall gameplay is very weak, lacking a good online mode is the final nail in the coffin. Go with Grand Slam Tennis, build up a good player and take em online. Stick with for a week or so and you'll be pro in no time.

5. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Thanks for your opinion. Maybe I'll give it a try one day, probably because it's 2.5GB scrubbed.
    Hopefully I like it as much as you.

6. chrisf

Banned chrisf Banned

United States
    what the hell are you talking about? everything in bold is not true at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. maduin

United States
    okay, I just checked again, and there is random matchmaking, but it's tucked away in the career mode, which is kind of stupid that it's not right on the menu screen. I still think it's a sub par game though, just got done with a few rounds and the M+ isn't well implemented at all as the shots take way too much "precision" to pull off correctly. Sure, you could argue that it makes it more realistic, but realism doesn't always mean more fun.

And the stuff about M+, I was correct about, you still have to choose it manually, otherwise you have this stupid bar going left and right above your head to guide your shots.

8. chrisf

Banned chrisf Banned

United States
    i didnt think it took much precision. maybe u just suck at the game. selecting wm+ is no big deal u lazy bastard. and you can turn that bar on or off. online mode its in career mode because you need to use your character online. if u r just now using career mode for the first time then u havent really even played the game enough to know shit about shit

9. maduin

United States
    people who talk and act like this play Virtua Tennis, that should be enough reason not to play it.

10. chrisf

Banned chrisf Banned

United States
    retards play GSTennis, that should be enough reason not to play it.

11. aabbccdd

Member aabbccdd GBAtemp Regular

Finland
    What the fuck is your problem? Forgot to take your pills? This is exactly why people are staying away from GBAtemp :|

12. LagunaCid
    OP

Member LagunaCid GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Yeah, this is exactly the kind of thing I wanted from this thread =\

13. jazvdb

Member jazvdb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Simple,

If you want gameplay and smooth online get Grand Slam Tennis

If you want lil bi better graphics and laggy online, get Virtua Tennis