Hacking so found an original white wii...

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I thought the cios installers learnt the "use version 65535 and it won't be overwritten" trick a long time ago.
The d2x installer uses 2000# where # is the version of the cIOS. It's rather annoying. I just used ModMii to patch them to 65535 through Advanced downloads so they will still be recognized by SysCheck (using ShowMiiWads and the like doesn't work) and they won't get overwritten when I'm testing updates.

I think that the 3.1 installer (or whichever one just came out) has an option to max out the version.

Seaking

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, this kinda sucks. burnt a GC game (Four swords adventure) and it isnt being read in the disk channel :(. what exactually do i need to set it up so it reads them?

and when i set the Wii up yesterday it was already on 4.3, so im not gonna mess wit that.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you sure the Wii doesnt have a d3 or d4 dvd drive? If it does, just forget playing anything but legit GC/Wii discs in it.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
only on wii's with compatible dvd drives can u play backup gamecube games (as indicated in the post above)

on compatible Wii's u need to have a cMIOS installed, then u can play the backup GC games using neogamma or even a usb-loader (but u must launch it off of the disc). If you want the backup GC game to also work via the disc channel u should look into darkcorp.

Seaking

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure the Wii doesnt have a d3 or d4 dvd drive? If it does, just forget playing anything but legit GC/Wii discs in it.
from what http://www.wiidrives.com/identify says, i have a "GC2-D2E" drive.

on compatible Wii's u need to have a cMIOS installed, then u can play the backup GC games using neogamma or even a usb-loader (but u must launch it off of the disc). If you want the backup GC game to also work via the disc channel u should look into darkcorp.
cMIOS and Darkcorp? will get those and try it out.

Edit: SHIT FUCKING YES. installed the cMIOS from modmii and then got the Neogamma loader and put the burnt disk back in, loaded up Neogamma and IT FUCKING WORKS. WOO.

Edit again: i tried a Wii game, Wii Play, and it works as well after burning it.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Thats nice :)
Im gonna hijack this thread a little (sorry lol)...

I might be able to get a hold of an older dvd chip (dont know version, but I know its NOT d3 or d4) very cheap. Was thinking of getting it to play my GC backup discs.
However, Im sure I read somewhere that SM4.3 doesnt allow out-of-region discs. Does this only apply to the disc channel?

Also, Ive seen a lot of information that streaming audio isnt working with chips, but does that apply to a softmodded Wii as well?

Sorry again for hijacking :P

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt

I might be able to get a hold of an older dvd chip (dont know version, but I know its NOT d3 or d4) very cheap. Was thinking of getting it to play my GC backup discs.
However, Im sure I read somewhere that SM4.3 doesnt allow out-of-region discs. Does this only apply to the disc channel?

Also, Ive seen a lot of information that streaming audio isnt working with chips, but does that apply to a softmodded Wii as well?

I believe the region block doesn't affect neogamma but even if it does there is a priiloader hack to remove it & neogamma can do audio streaming for gc games .

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
I believe the region block doesn't affect neogamma but even if it does there is a priiloader hack to remove it & neogamma can do audio streaming for gc games .

Ok :)
And just to be 100% sure. With a softmodded Wii you do not need a chip for the DVD drive, right?
It wouldn't be a softmod if it required a chip :P .
And if you are wondering the only advantage of having a chip in your wii is that wii games load slower with only a softmod but if you will be using it for gc games that doesn't concern you

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

The region block doesn't affect NeoGamma, but the Priiloader hack can cause system instability so it's not a good idea to use that.

Ok :)
And just to be 100% sure. With a softmodded Wii you do not need a chip for the DVD drive, right?
Nope.

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
What is the advantage of 4.1 over 4.3 now that LetterBomb is released?
You get the fun job of installing other potentially dangerous stuff to make sure games don't update you to 4.3.
I've been on 4.1 for forever and for new games I just load them in the gecko hombrew app and no updating is required :/

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
but the Priiloader hack can cause system instability so it's not a good idea to use that.

Didnt we discuss that part in another thread a while ago? :P
I dont have any stability issues with the region hack turned on in Priiloader :)
Unless you mean the hack can affect gamecube games while playing, and not just the SM?

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
but the Priiloader hack can cause system instability so it's not a good idea to use that.

Didnt we discuss that part in another thread a while ago? :P
I dont have any stability issues with the region hack turned on in Priiloader :)
Unless you mean the hack can affect gamecube games while playing, and not just the SM?
We did. It doesn't affect everybody (no idea why), which is why I said "can cause" and not "will cause".

It only affects the System Menu. I'm just saying you shouldn't enable that hack when there is real no reason to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.