Gaming So federation force weren't all that bad?

Yil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Still hoping for a Metroid like champion but it's seems more mission based.
So Nintendo is back on track?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
IGN bashed the hell out of it and if IGN is calling a game bad you know that's it's bad (they give high ratings to crap all of the time).
Oh boy that doesn't smell good.

Jay Clay

Trophies
XP
Country
IGN bashed the hell out of it and if IGN is calling a game bad you know that's it's bad (they give high ratings to crap all of the time).

I would not trust IGN at all, but yeah, basically everywhere (except nintendolife) is taking this game as a literally pure garbage.

D

Deleted User

Well, they did say that ORAS was horrible because of too much water...

...but yeah, if everyone's bashing it, that can't be a good sign. Nintendo, why didn't you just give everyone the Metroid they wanted instead of this mini-game dreck? I can understand if you want to experiment and be different, but not like this. :gun::nds:

Reactions: WeedZ and CeeDee

Raylight

Paranoid Temper
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
The game is fun for a few minutes but it gets repetitive quickly and the chibi style kills the atmosphere. You can't even take the story seriously. Multiplayer is trash on it and messages to other players is not ideal. So yes IGN is spot on after playing it myself.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I was planning on trying it out. Of course I am going to pirate it.
If it's bad, I didn't pay for it. If it's good, I still didn't pay for it :P
Its best you do. Let's not give nintendo any encouragement with money

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Nintendo saw the backlash on their Youtube. They could have removed the Metroid name and made everyone happy, but instead ignored the fans.
If it's actually worth the money to see more of these games, I'll buy it.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Obviously most sites' ratings were done by Metroid fanboys. So they got dick hurt about the fact that Samus isn't in the game and thus they bashed what's actually a very decent game, reflected by Nintendolife.

Reactions: TheDarkGreninja

Raylight

Paranoid Temper
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo saw the backlash on their Youtube. They could have removed the Metroid name and made everyone happy, but instead ignored the fans.
If it's actually worth the money to see more of these games, I'll buy it.
It's okay but i'd wait for a sale. even on its own it's still pretty mediocre. So many games do what it does better. The controls feel a bit weird to me and customization is lacking. Co-op is more bearable than solo but the messages to communicate are tedious. If you want a challenge do it solo but if you want to get all the medals and high scores your best playing with a competent team.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like Nintendo didn't give them a few bones for a higher rating :P

As for Metroid, knowing our luck, Federation Force will sell like ass, and Nintendo will get a hint that nobody likes Metroid anymore, and Nintendo will just kill the Metroid IP. Hell, didn't they nearly kill the Fire Emblem IP because of poor sales of the Wii and GC game?

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Played it for about four hours today, and I'm actually really impressed. It's a fun game with interesting and creative levels from what I've played. Blast Ball is great fun too. What I have noticed is that the game really doesn't shine at its brightest unless you're playing in a full team online. Even without audio chat, I found great amusement in spamming sarcastic "Good Job!" messages to people screwing up a load.

tl;dr I feel like people overreacted. But I might just be the odd one out here.

Reactions: Deleted User

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Played it for about four hours today, and I'm actually really impressed. It's a fun game with interesting and creative levels from what I've played. Blast Ball is great fun too. What I have noticed is that the game really doesn't shine at its brightest unless you're playing in a full team online. Even without audio chat, I found great amusement in spamming sarcastic "Good Job!" messages to people screwing up a load.

tl;dr I feel like people overreacted. But I might just be the odd one out here.
Is this on the same caliber of Metroid Prime Hunters then?

Raylight

Paranoid Temper
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States

As for Metroid, knowing our luck, Federation Force will sell like ass, and Nintendo will get a hint that nobody likes Metroid anymore, and Nintendo will just kill the Metroid IP. Hell, didn't they nearly kill the Fire Emblem IP because of poor sales of the Wii and GC game?
its a double edged sword they may kill it or take a hint and never make another co op chibi again.

Aesthetically Noooo lol

Last edited by Raylight,

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm afraid I never played Hunters. My experience of the Metroid franchise is the original game, Fusion on the GBA, and about half of Prime :P

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

They also killed Chibi Robo because Zip Lash didn't sell well, but I doubt they would kill Metroid. The director of the Prime games said that Prime 4 will happen, he just doesn't know when.

Reactions: Raylight

Yil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

If I recall correctly Kimashima has the capability to differtiat pissed and uninterested customer, something Nintendo cirrently lacks.

They also killed Chibi Robo because Zip Lash didn't sell well, but I doubt they would kill Metroid. The director of the Prime games said that Prime 4 will happen, he just doesn't know when.
Most of the prime team is making New Halo, which I don't like much.

Last edited by Yil,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: @HoTuan You'll need one that hasn't had its stock firmware updated in quite some time, for starters