Hacking So far what are the major bugs of the Evo EOS?

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
i think is pretty decent because it plays the game i want

there are some issues with the cheat engine (not a major yet can be annoying).
what annoys me the most is the lag when open a folder that full of games (icon display).
However, by increasing the speed of the SD card (read/write) seems to shorten the lag.

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not too many major ones anymore, but not all features have been implemented yet, and the overall GUI just needs to be polished.

- Skins are only read by their default name. If you add a skin called anything else besides "Blue," "Black," "Pink," or "Christmas," it won't be read by the EOS. Meaning, if you have a skin, you'll have to replace the files in the aforementioned folders.

- Cheats (small problem). Some games lag with too many cheats on.

- As said above (elixirdream's post), the lag when going into a game folder with a lot of games.

- Copy/Paste/Delete/Move haven't been implemented in the EOS yet (not quite a bug).

Pretty good BETA overall.

elmnt61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know how to delete the hidden files that appear on my ROM list? They usually start with "._"

for example, one might be "._Dawn of Sorrow.nds". They launch, but only leave a whitescreen.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
elmnt61 said:
Anyone know how to delete the hidden files that appear on my ROM list? They usually start with "._"

for example, one might be "._Dawn of Sorrow.nds". They launch, but only leave a whitescreen.
Just delete them from your computer, I guess... They're most likely corrupted.

AetherMaster

Aether
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
elmnt61 said:

That file comes from a mac computer and is hidden on them. Use a Windows Machine or some other non-mac to delete them. The game should be a file with the same name, but without the "._"

dman777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that lag for getting to the game folder sounds pretty annoying. i was thinking about buying one of these cards also. is the lag dependent on the number of games in the folder? i keep about 10 in mine.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
dman777 said:
that lag for getting to the game folder sounds pretty annoying. i was thinking about buying one of these cards also. is the lag dependent on the number of games in the folder? i keep about 10 in mine.
If it's only 10 games, it doesn't really lag, but with +-100 games, like me, loading the games folder takes about 5 seconds.

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
AetherMaster said:
elmnt61 said:

That file comes from a mac computer and is hidden on them. Use a Windows Machine or some other non-mac to delete them. The game should be a file with the same name, but without the "._"
or linux (but you can make them show on linux [should be ALT + .])

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dman777 said:
that lag for getting to the game folder sounds pretty annoying. i was thinking about buying one of these cards also. is the lag dependent on the number of games in the folder? i keep about 10 in mine.You're probably going be waiting a fraction of a second for them to load. One full second at the most. My directory of 35 games only took two seconds.

QUOTE(Pliskron @ Mar 3 2010, 06:44 AM) It's slow as shit when I open my game folder.
You have a lot of games in it, that's why. Try putting the games in groups (ie, "A-G ROM's," or "Racing Games," "RPG's," etc.).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a