So...DealExtreme is reliable right? And a few Qs...

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by HaveFallen, Sep 7, 2009.

1. HaveFallen
    OP

Newcomer HaveFallen Member

United States
    Ok, ok, don't get mad, I know this has probably asked many, many times. I just need complete confirmation.

And by the way, would this work with the new DSi updates?

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.18728

I'm getting a little confused. Two comments down, on the 8/1/2009 post, he/she says that the latest DSi update kills the functionality of the Acekard and blocks all flashcards. If you go to the latest post, 9/1/2009 he/she says all known updates doesn't work anymore, and you can use the Acekard.

Can you guys clear this up?

2. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    the team have updated their card that makes it compatible with 1.4X

as for DX being reliable, well from what i here its GOOD enough. Delivery times aren't what you would call great, but still not bad over all.

3. HaveFallen
    OP

Newcomer HaveFallen Member

United States
    So how do I know I will get a 1.4 compatible card? Did they throw away their 1.4 incompatible stock or something?

4. velocity37

Member velocity37 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Everything I've ordered has showed up, just takes a few weeks.

The top two complaints I hear are:
    1. Some items take 2+ weeks to start shipping, even if "in stock" when ordered.
    2. Return process is bad. They have you pay for the return shipping, which often times makes it not worth it. Supposedly they can accommodate some people who take pictures and whatnot in their support forums, but reliability is iffy there as well.

I've never had the need to deal with their support. The only thing I've had delayed shipping on is two weeks on my EDGE, though I expected as much because they had a notice on the item page (with the complaints this apparently wasn't the case.)

5. the_joeba

Member the_joeba GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The card is updated by the user. You have to be using a pre-updated DSi (or other DS) to boot the Acekard and install the update, but all Acekards 2i's are compatible with the update. I don't know if they ship with the current update, and I mostly doubt it.

I have had some slow shipping in the past (over a month to send), but I have also placed an order that had 2 separate shipments because of an item being out of stock. It's not consistent, but it's cheap and shipping is free. I will continue using them.

6. nadoon

Banned nadoon Banned

United Arab Emirates
    From what I heard, yes it is reliable. I ordered the acekar2i from them on the 22nd. I still didn't get it. I'm expecting to receive it today. You should get an acekard2i too. Because the update is not a problem at all. Just download the update yourself and fix it onto the acekard. [​IMG]

7. JohanX

Newcomer JohanX Advanced Member

United States
    I bought mine from Gamebygame.com .

It arrived in two days!

8. rommy667

Member rommy667 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Ireland
    Ive gotten a load of stuff from dx over the last year and have not had 1 problem,some times shipping is slow other times its very fast but its worth it as their price is just sooooooo good [​IMG]

9. Todderbert

Member Todderbert GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If you want to spend the extra cash and live in the USA gamebygame is the best.

10. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    No buy from Realhotstuff.com

11. Todderbert

Member Todderbert GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Really? I thought the same item was more when they added the shipping costs??

gamebygame's price includes shipping, no suprise extras and they deliver priority mail. I recieved my cyclo in two days from Cali to Chicago.

12. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    GameByGame are shit. From my experiences. They claimed one of their items was the lowest price on the net, I found 3 other sites that sold it a lot less, I told GameByGame and they still haven't given me a response.

13. saxamo

Member saxamo Spaaaaace!

United States
    QFT. I highly highly recommend them. I am STILL waiting on any sort of shipment info from DX for a pandora battery and it's been 2 weeks now. Go with realhotstuff they are very quick, especially if you are on the east coast!

14. JohanX

Newcomer JohanX Advanced Member

United States
    Did you include shipping charges in your price comparisons? GameByGame ships for free, and their shipping is FAST.

I am willing to pay a couple of bucks more for reliable service...

15. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    Actually, they charged for my shipping. And it took 5 days, as apposed to DX taking 8. So as well as DX being cheaper, having free shipping, it only takes 3 days more to arrive.

16. kiwovo

Member kiwovo GBAtemp Regular

Israel
    Deal extreme are perfect.. and i got genuine cart!
    awesome price.. delievry isn't that bad.. took like 10-7 days for me (israel!!)

17. Magimog

Newcomer Magimog Member

United States
    You can buy a genuine Acekard 2i and a 2-4GB microSD card at DX for the price most of these people are paying for one card + shipping! I guess its that "I NED PLAI NAO" people that absolutely cannot wait to starting pirating stuff.

Also to OP DX is awesome, they have a crap ton of useless gadgets to waste your money on as well [​IMG]

18. omgpwn666

Member omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

United States
    Ok,I bought mine 2 days ago from Realhotstuff.com and its free shipping for Americans and its 1-3 days shipping time. =) My friend got his in 2 days. I get mine tomorrow.

19. fallinroxas

Member fallinroxas GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I ordered two acekard 2i. One for me and one for my friend (whose card we used) I ordered them on the 22nd of last month and they are just now sending them...grrrr....

20. m-p{3}

Member m-p{3} GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    From past experiences, DealExtreme is a choice you can consider. If you're not in a hurry, you can save over the slow shipping. Plus they have a ton of those small pieces of equipment, like cheap HDMI cables, etc.