Gaming So capcom....Where's that MegaMan Legends 3 Prologue?

nugundam0079

Prime Сasual Dating - Verified Women
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Seriously-I know they had to delay the release for "retooling" so any word? or are we going to be left in the dark about all this?

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
First, double post. Bad, bad.
Second, It's only been a couple weeks since the e-shop came out. I thought I remembered hearing them say end of July or something for the Legends demo, but I can't remember where it was I heard that. It'll come when it comes. Also, it's a little more than a demo, it's a standalone pre-story to both build up to the game itself and to give us an idea of how it controls on the 3DS. Even if it's something small they want to make sure they do a good job on it.

nugundam0079

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Donald Serrot said:
Second, It's only been a couple weeks since the e-shop came out. I thought I remembered hearing them say end of July or something for the Legends demo, but I can't remember where it was I heard that. It'll come when it comes. Also, it's a little more than a demo, it's a standalone pre-story to both build up to the game itself and to give us an idea of how it controls on the 3DS. Even if it's something small they want to make sure they do a good job on it.

Uh oh-dont make daddy madddddddddddd

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trashed Post said:
Donald Serrot said:

*snip

Im sorry but did you just mock him for posting in your topic? The guy comes in being nice about the fact you just did one of the stupidest nooby things in the world to asking "hao u ply?" and gives a forward answer and you just dis him like that? Are you trying to get flamed?

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Capcom is missing out on a big chance if they don't get it out in the next couple weeks... If they can get it out early while there is still a lot of love for the e-shop it'll get a lot more attention because it's one of the few true 3DS ware titles... And if it IS it will get more sales... And more sales = greater chance of MML3 being made (they came out and said that if the prototype version does bad the game will be dead in the water -_-)

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
Actually, it's probably in their best interest to wait right now. OoT3D hit's tomorrow, and I know I for on eam not going to want to play much else for a while. I bet you Capcom knows this and is holding back until the Zelda hype dies down enough.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Donald Serrot said:
Actually, it's probably in their best interest to wait right now. OoT3D hit's tomorrow, and I know I for on eam not going to want to play much else for a while. I bet you Capcom knows this and is holding back until the Zelda hype dies down enough.

It's a downloadable (and I thought) free demo basically, I don't see why they'd delay it because of "Zelda hype".

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Donald Serrot said:

It's a downloadable (and I thought) free demo basically, I don't see why they'd delay it because of "Zelda hype".
Nope, it is downloadable, but it'll cost $2 or there abouts. The sales of this "demo" are supposed to let Capcom know if it's even worth making the game.

dangerboy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Donald Serrot said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Donald Serrot said:

Nope, it is downloadable, but it'll cost $2 or there abouts. The sales of this "demo" are supposed to let Capcom know if it's even worth making the game.

its going to cost between 2.99-8.99. they are trying to add more content so they can charge more.

i think it will fail to sell enough downloads to make the actual game, but will have more episodes in the eshop later on.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, that's not an option... at least not currently. If you read capcom's development blog, the demo literally is make or break for the game. Either the game will sell enough on the eshop to convince capcom to go to full production... OR it won't sell well enough and the game will be dead and gone and I shall cry myself to sleep... Probably Keiji Inafune (creator of all things mega man) will probably cry too.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Donald Serrot said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Donald Serrot said:

Uh, they expect selling a DEMO to go over well?
I'd love to see a Legends 3...but i'm certainly not paying a dime for a demo of it.

Also Guild, it'd be completely ignorant and brainless to even deny that releasing something 3DS related during OOT's moment of glory would demolish that releases popularity. There are some kiddies today who can try deny how awesome OOT is, but its popularity is going to be immense. You can bet on that.

OmerMe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Hells Malice said:
Donald Serrot said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Donald Serrot said:

Uh, they expect selling a DEMO to go over well?
I'd love to see a Legends 3...but i'm certainly not paying a dime for a demo of it.

Also Guild, it'd be completely ignorant and brainless to even deny that releasing something 3DS related during OOT's moment of glory would demolish that releases popularity. There are some kiddies today who can try deny how awesome OOT is, but its popularity is going to be immense. You can bet on that.
Thing is, it's not a demo.
It's a Prologue to the main game, what happens in the prologue won't happen in the real game.
You'll have a bunch of mission to do, you'll be able to go wherever you want within the city and I guess some more places, and you'll have access to a debug menu so you could change some things and play with other weapons and such.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And there is also plans for "behind the scenes" type of extras as well to give insight on the development of the game so far... Let's just hope all these extras don't push the prologue so far back that they accidently neuter their eshop release...

nugundam0079

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Zantigo said:
Trashed Post said:
Donald Serrot said:

*snip

Im sorry but did you just mock him for posting in your topic? The guy comes in being nice about the fact you just did one of the stupidest nooby things in the world to asking "hao u ply?" and gives a forward answer and you just dis him like that? Are you trying to get flamed?

Calm down Noob police-it's not that serious.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you bump just to tell me to cool down about a post i've long forgotten about >.>

Edit: Debug menu
biggrin.gif
!
Want want want!

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Zantigo said:
Why would you bump just to tell me to cool down about a post i've long forgotten about >.>
Gotta get that e-peen up!

but since the topic has been bumped... I found this rather interesting last night:
http://protodudesrockmancorner.blogspot.co...s-doing-it.html
Here's the deal: Capcom removed Rockman DASH 3 from CoJ's front page. While the game's respective websites remain functional, the title is no longer showcased front and center. Mega Man Universe met a similar fate: the title was removed from Capcom Japan's website, and a few days later, it was officially cancelled.

The fear that's currently setting the fandom ablaze is that this is a sign -- the supposed "first nail in the coffin" that will lead to DASH 3's cancellation. Normally, something so minor would not be a cause for concern, but the situation is all too familiar with Universe's death, and that's where fears are rooted.

Before you get overly panicked, consider the following: Look at Capcom Japan's front page, look at the titles on display. These are games due for release within the confines of 2011 and early 2012. Rockman DASH 3's release date was never set in stone. What has happened, I believe, is a rational release window for DASH 3 was established internally that's beyond the scope of the company's planned 2011/early 2012 lineup. As a consequence, Capcom was left very little reason to continue promoting the game on the front page. Why upfront advertise a game that might not launch for a year at best? There's more immediate titles coming out that deserve that spot. It's a matter of prioritizing based on release dates.

In short, you've got to be reasonable: given what we know about the game's development, there is no way DASH 3 will be on shelves by this fall or early 2012. Capcom has nothing to gain (at this time) from promoting the title on the front page; its release is simply too far off.[/p]
There's a bit more if you follow the link.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte