PS1/2 So assistance or input on how you fared with these games?

NecroCombine666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a ps2 player wanting to play a slew of games but running into issues and quite a few are translated. I'm using freemcboot, popstarter and opl.

Here's the ones causing me grief. Any ideas or tips would be awesome

Has anyone ever gotten the following PS1 games to work in popstarter or tips on how to do so?
Clock tower the first fear
Echo Night 2
NBA jam TE
PARASITE EVE 2
Xenogears
Policenauts
Final fantasy tactics?
Ffv has bad sound

but clock tower does everything perfect but the menu and so on. Logos, intro fmv then black, Echo Night 2 does nothing, NBA jam I can carry all the way to selecting head to head then black screen. Xenogears is basically a strobe light, Policenauts is just black screen, parasite eve 2 is 0 audio, FFV sounds like a half inserted nintendo cartridge and Final Fantasy Tactics literally works perfect except the font in certain menus is missing

Even if you know of a better place to ask that would be awesome

Snomannen_kalle

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm a ps2 player wanting to play a slew of games but running into issues and quite a few are translated. I'm using freemcboot, popstarter and opl.

Here's the ones causing me grief. Any ideas or tips would be awesome

Has anyone ever gotten the following PS1 games to work in popstarter or tips on how to do so?
Clock tower the first fear
Echo Night 2
NBA jam TE
PARASITE EVE 2
Xenogears
Policenauts
Final fantasy tactics?
Ffv has bad sound

but clock tower does everything perfect but the menu and so on. Logos, intro fmv then black, Echo Night 2 does nothing, NBA jam I can carry all the way to selecting head to head then black screen. Xenogears is basically a strobe light, Policenauts is just black screen, parasite eve 2 is 0 audio, FFV sounds like a half inserted nintendo cartridge and Final Fantasy Tactics literally works perfect except the font in certain menus is missing

Even if you know of a better place to ask that would be awesome
I looked at the POPStarter compatibility list for the games you listed, but some were not even there. Clock Tower The First Fear is listed as not compatible, some versions of Final Fantasy V and Parasite Eve 2 should work (could also be dependent on where you load them from), but the other three I couldn't find. There is also a thread on PS2-home where they link to other more in-depth compatibility lists and where you can report games, although I am unsure whether it's OK to ask questions there

Reactions: Alexander1970

NecroCombine666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I looked at the POPStarter compatibility list for the games you listed, but some were not even there. Clock Tower The First Fear is listed as not compatible, some versions of Final Fantasy V and Parasite Eve 2 should work (could also be dependent on where you load them from), but the other three I couldn't find. There is also a thread on PS2-home where they link to other more in-depth compatibility lists and where you can report games, although I am unsure whether it's OK to ask questions there
eh idk if its okay or not I tried 3 times to make a topic once but didn't properly fill out the opening form, search to see if it had been asked before and then I was demanded not to post things that have been solved and the mod linked me to something that had nothing to do with my issue.

And yeah the thing is I don't know when those games were put on that list, when they were reported if anyone got around the issues etc so I figured I'd ask a few places, as I'm not very in tune with those compatibility popstarter cheats or things like that and the compatibility list is almost as bad as the 1080p

Reactions: Snomannen_kalle

Snomannen_kalle

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
eh idk if its okay or not I tried 3 times to make a topic once but didn't properly fill out the opening form, search to see if it had been asked before and then I was demanded not to post things that have been solved and the mod linked me to something that had nothing to do with my issue.

And yeah the thing is I don't know when those games were put on that list, when they were reported if anyone got around the issues etc so I figured I'd ask a few places, as I'm not very in tune with those compatibility popstarter cheats or things like that and the compatibility list is almost as bad as the 1080p
Yeah, I get that :P Anyway, that's all the help I can give you at the moment, my PS2 is currently in storage and will be for quite some time, else I would have tried to load your troublesome games. Good luck with your troubleshooting!

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.