mike1984

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Be it the R4, M3, DSTT, Supercard, etc...? Are they legal? I live in Canada so I would imagine it is the same like in the States. Does anyone actually have the info i'm looking for? What doesn't make it illegal to own and use flashcarts?

moozxy

hamboning
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I believe flashcarts themselves are not illegal, it's just what you have on it and use it for. For example, you could just be using your flashcart for homebrew, to listen to legal music you have bought or watch legal films you have bought.

retiredjerk

Trophies
XP
Country
they are not illegal. Its similar to a DVD recorder. Its legal to buy but you can do illegal thinks with it. Flashcarts are legal because they are sold as media devices. Such as an Ipod, Zune, Etc.

mike1984

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Perfect. That's exactly what I thought. Thanks guys. You can always count on this place for good responses
smile.gif

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Actually, Flashcarts violate almost every patent law. But more or less, it's not like they're going to hunt you down. There's one specific clause that says that: any device the tries to simulate/emulate a certain function of another device is a violation of the patent law. Good thing in Canada, the law isn't too harsh, I'm still researching this anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.