• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

So americas politics are fixed by letting candidates drop out at specific spots?

notimp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Trump will win, meh. Everything's fine.
Not the question here. Also, how do you prop up that opinion?

Feeling?

Also, no - if your political system is just systemic corruption, leaders lying to people, and one upping each other on invented 'emotional reasons' why you should kiss your rationality goodbye and follow a leader - not everything is well, at least not if you still would want to hold claim to the democracy part.

Because you can herd votes if you have people exchange feels, but that doesnt have them engaging in the democratic process at all. (No one is looking for qualified opinions.)

I'm not at all interested, if anyone in here in the end buys a Playstation or an Xbox. If you excuse the horrible allegory.

And the Trump side of your 'political' process - currently is even worse, I mean do you really want me to immerse myself in the political standings of

Bill Weld,
Joe Walsh,
and
Roque de la Fuente?

FP37m1i.png

(That bargraph btw is not to scale. You can blame google for it.)

If you are a president in office you come with a built in voter approval bonus. Republicans (GOP) basically glanced at a spreadsheet, looked at swingstates, decided, that thats enough and called it a day.

Then Trump went on a FOX townhall event and 'represented'.

Also, just out of interest - that guy with one electoral delegate is the swamp? Because the other two with 0 each cant be.

Wow, Trumps idea to deswamp the swamp, that you've been sold the last time around, must have worked really, really, really well... *sarcasm*

Last edited by notimp,

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
The fuck we are... Former European descendants at best. We told King George he could eat a fat dick, and that we're doing our own thing.
European in the sense of the a continent, not a country (which does not even exist). You can´t become Ex-European. It´s not a matter of boyfriends or girlfriends.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
European in the sense of the a continent, not a country (which does not even exist). You can´t become Ex-European. It´s not a matter of boyfriends or girlfriends.
If you're European, ditch Europe, and come to America to found a new country, then congrats! You're an ex-European, and a new American! :D

notimp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Here is what they get for selling you out:

Bidens inner circle reportedly has discussed cabinet appointments. original src: Axios on HBO

James (Jamie) Dimon should become treasury secretary.
Mike Bloomberg should become world bank president.
Susan Rice, or John Kerry should become secretary of state.

And the main questionable actor (traitor) in chief, Pete Buttigieg Ambassador to the United Nations, or US trade representative.

Again. If you sell out to the right person. You go up the carreer ladder not down.

Democracy, you know. Accumulate followers, fuck them over, get a nice job.

Thats systemic, btw. Thats wanted. Keeps everyone in check. You dont want idealists for positions you might want to have a say in later, you want people in there that have already shown they are willing to betray entire constituencies for personal gain. People that just use and abuse others to get what they want. Easier to control (because you can always bank on self interest with them). They dont get deciding positions of course, if they havent been at the right schools. (having the 'right' ideology matters far more, than many other things.)

So you laughed about Bloomberg, right? ;)

He spent 600mio to become world bank president. His net worth is about 60 billion. He has to make one good backroom deal, now leading the arguably most important organisation in the world, and he has recouped more than he has spent.

Ha, ha, ha. Hooops.

What was Robert Reichs excuse again? Bloomberg failing proved, that you cant buy political success? ;)

(If it comes to fruition. Currently its just a rumor.)

Last edited by notimp,

notimp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Also Hillary (Clinton) documentary (series) just released on Hulu ( https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11558924/ ), where she reportedly slanders Sanders "for getting nothing done" as a senator, this is also about "being in the right ideological club" - which he is not.

But everyone else is.

So really - systemic bullying, for the sake of a political power elite (which also bleeds in into industrial and economic elites as well).

I'll see that I can watch it and extract some interesting bits from it as well.

To give you a hint on this as well -

Elite recruitment then is usually done in somewhat ideological, organized, play spaces (youth organizations, colleges, summer courses, ...), or from public movements that preferably go no where (climate - cant do anything without a consensus of politics, industry, insurance branch, finance...), but where people can then prove their 'usefullness' f.e. in rallying people, or networking in kind of an environment where it doesnt matter that much (*rebelrebel* if you are young). And then all they have to do is to sell out at the right time - and they become part of that ominous 'elite'.
All of those smaller systems are mainly about self reproduction and also a little bit about 'changing society' - because it does change over time (new cultural aspects are incorporated almost "through osmosis". ;) ). Just dont expect it to be because of political ideals.

Elites in my experience usually dont know much about them (new developments, fields, trends) either (they bank on younger generations to just bring that with them, and if they dont - well, so what), so its not so much of a 'planing society' ideal (at least not on the micromanagement level), its really more of a club, that either you belong to, or you dont.

Thats how most (? imho) careers in that field go - if you are exceptional, there might be different paths, but most people in the political field are not. Thats also how you get most of your 'charismatic leadership figures'.

If you dont give into it, you should basically end up like Sanders. Shunned.

Democracy, you know.

edit: Current fields you could sell out in include: Create a digital currency (that could be used by institutions), boost digitization (in countries that are not the US), give people the believe that less is so much more (climate movement), leadership potential in any form - just never care about the people, pacification of the masses ("we have to teach them to get 1000 facebook followers each to be happy"), growing economic markets (online labour markets, microjobs), military defense, big data analytics, managing the populus (make concepts popular that people dont like).. Just to name a few, in no particular order.

For all the conventional jobs (finance, political planning, diplomacy, ...) you have to be in the right schools.

More than that? Well, whats your value add?

You don't plan on creating your own campaign, do you? After what you've seen here... Dont be silly.

Last edited by notimp,

notimp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Oh, and one more very popular feature you should come with. Run after whatever you think is your way to success and dont stop. Never stop. Always push back after getting pushed down.

That way you get the believe that you are something special. And with that come certain perks.

@FGFlann Would you want to pitch in, why you'd endorse Biden?
I dont want to go after it, just so we have it in this thread as well (Actually give proper arguments).

Last edited by notimp,

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
That was a joke. I don't believe Biden is fit for office. We voted for Tulsi Gabbard. But since she's basically out, my second choice is the orange man himself though I doubt my wife would agree with that one.

notimp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Dang it. :) Need someone to play counter part for this not to become as one sided as it already is. :)

Hillary documentary is great (for learning concepts) btw. Watch it.

Last edited by notimp,

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fuck we are... Former European descendants at best. We told King George he could eat a fat dick, and that we're doing our own thing.
Mine ran away from Ireland, after the British starved them, and continued to export their food. :(

Also, wow black people either really like Biden or really hate Bernie.

Last edited by Viri,
Reactions: Jayro

notimp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Probably neither, one of Bidens talking points on the trail is his good friend Barack Obama, and that democrats need an Obama/Biden democrat to run things - whatever that is.

Everyone acknowledges that people are very, very stupid in political races in the US it seems.

Its fine for them to think that way, btw. Its just irrational. (You maybe shouldnt pick a candidate because of that?) But so many things are... I personally wouldnt obsess about stuff like that in political analysis. (If you arent running a campaign.)

I'm more questioning media, why they bring it as a generalized talking point. It should be easy for them to pick out the states, where the black voting demographic would boost Biden over Trump - and then talk specifically about those. That would be more to the point.

I'm saying that - because while looking at average voter distribution by self proclaimed "race" for super tuesday states, to me it was very astonishing just how unequally distributed certain race demographics in the US still are.

I personally find it stupid to no end, that you could have a discussion "black people like Biden more then Bernie", when you cant name a single political policy reason as to why. If the rational goes, along the lines of "he worked with Barack" in my book that shouldnt be enough for media to say - ok, we'll go with that.

At the same time I dont know or want to know how Sanders would racebait them.

I just would want to see a discussion about policy emerge rather than obsessing about who banked what race, because of appeal. (But then I dont live in the US.. :) I'm just mostly impressed by how stupid elections in the US got by now.)

Its as if everyone had decided people in the US cant be trusted with policy decisions at all, lets have a soap opera festival instead.

You know, democracy.

Last edited by notimp,

notimp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Last edited by notimp,

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably a good move to stick the drooling retard in a position of no consequence.

If Joe Biden is elected the DNC will see to his death by night, probably with a pillow, within the first 3 months he is in office. He's just the horse they have to ride, and will be put down when he outlives his usefulness.

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
If Joe Biden is elected the DNC will see to his death by night, probably with a pillow, within the first 3 months he is in office. He's just the horse they have to ride, and will be put down when he outlives his usefulness.
A lot of people think that Joe Biden is going to die in office because of his age. I doubt very much the party would be inclined to bump him off though. Personally I think it's paranoid nonsense but putting on my tin foil hat for a second; with his mental faculties failing wouldn't he be the ideal choice as far as puppet candidates go?

Last edited by FGFlann,

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's obvious at this point he has some stage of dementia, I dont think it's alzheimer's. Almost everytime he speaks he fails to put up a complete and coherent sentence. Even reading a telepromter he still messes up.
This debate is going to be an absolute shit show.

This was the latest interview

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: i am 28 :cry: