So after I work my ass off for almost 40 hours on new 3ds

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by funnystory, Jan 8, 2016.

1. funnystory
    OP

funnystory Banned

Banned
    Sep 20, 2008
    United States
    the 3d effect is showing double image no matter what. Why would people say the new 3ds have better 3d,its completely unusable. i dont know if its a faulty camera?

2. Kibido

Kibido GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 3, 2014
    Italy
    Close and reopen it.

3. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    if your using CFW close and open the lid to fix the 3D effect

4. funnystory
    OP

funnystory Banned

Banned
    Sep 20, 2008
    United States
    why does cfw cause this?Do I have to do this everytime?

5. naddel81

naddel81 GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 14, 2009
    United States
    I find my "superstable 3D" effect not to be very superstable at all. I found out I got a TN panel :(

The IPS panel from my girlfriends N3DS XL is more stable, but not to the extent where I would be really comfortable and trade my N3DS XL in for an IPS. I find the 3D effect to be a nice gimmick, but nothing more. it is far from being a stable game experience and it is far from really bringing a better immersion.

don't get me wrong. the 3DS is a good console with great games, but the resolution of the screen is so painfully low that not the best 3D effect would give you any kind of immersion if it where not for the gameplay of the games alone.

to conclude: neither TN nor IPS 3D effects are really stable. the resolution is shitty since release and won't even get an anti aliasing filter method by nintendo. so the only thing you should concentrate on is the gameplay. turn 3D off as most of us do anyway.

6. kiwiis

kiwiis キウィイス

Sep 8, 2015
    It's a bug they all share in common and the people who know how to fix it don't want to share.

GotKrypto67 likes this.
  7. naddel81

naddel81 GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 14, 2009
    United States
    so it is fixable?

but it won't make "superstable 3D" live up to its name, I guess.... would it?

8. SomeGamer

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    Yeah, because it would enable piracy without closing and reopening the console before.

SterneSchreien, akaSM and GotKrypto67 like this.
  9. DaFixer

DaFixer Dare to be stupid

Aug 29, 2010
    Netherlands
    In my mencave ;)
    Some poeple (like me) can't see the 3D effect at al, mybe that is the problem?

10. KingBlank

KingBlank King of Nothing

Sep 17, 2008
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    The superstable 3d works great for me, then again I had not problem with the O3ds either, I wont deny the 3ds screen looks terrible though... The best thing about the N3ds over the O3ds is raising the clock speed for O3ds titles, the fps is glorious.

11. funnystory
    OP

funnystory Banned

Banned
    Sep 20, 2008
    United States
    so this all ties back to piracy LMAO!

SomeGamer likes this.
  12. Neptune

Neptune GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 7, 2003
    United States
    Internet
    It has nothing to do with piracy. There is no fix. You need to do it once after loading CFW. Really not that hard. Only affects n3ds.

13. Cap'n Josh

Cap'n Josh Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    I think I remember reading in one CFW guide or another that it was a problem with the front-facing cameras on the N3DS. The effect is similar to when you turn your head away from the screen and turn back quickly. You see the 3D effect go from a very bad double image and suddenly "snap" back into focus when the face tracker kicks back in. That makes it sound like it's an issue with the face tracking software not working quite right on CFW, but that's just a guess. I wouldn't even begin to know how to fix it permanently, I just close and reopen each time. It's a minor inconvenience.

14. kiwiis

kiwiis キウィイス

Sep 8, 2015
    Wrong. Team Salt discovered a fix for it and Shinyquagsire23 posted about it on these forums. I don't feel like digging up his post history but if you really cared then you know where to look.

Last edited by kiwiis, Jan 8, 2016
    TheShadowRunner and cearp like this.
  15. JAWS_XS

JAWS_XS Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 3, 2007
    United States
    I've never thought about it being a problem. Keep 3d off when booting into cfw, then switch it on, close lid, then open back up. not really a big deal.

hey and don't worry about that tn/ips.

16. Neptune

Neptune GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 7, 2003
    United States
    Internet
    Eh? I'll check with him. He's a local near me.

17. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    didnt realize working someones ass would shit tthat few bricks

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

didnt realize working someones would shit tthat few bricks