Gaming So after a month, how much BoTW do you play?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
It would have been nice to know if you got everything per area, if you missed something that you could search for in a particular place.
Yeah, like OoT had pictures of Skulltulas on the map when you got all of them in an area. They could do that for shrines (not for Korok seeds - I don't think it's intended for many people to get 100% of them).

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
skulltulas on the maps was a good hint.
about the seeds, seeing you only need 441, I also think it wasn't intended to get all the 900, they just made a lot so it's easier to find enough to unlock all slots without doing too much world exploration.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: Quantumcat

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i still play it regularly which is a lot because i hardly play video games anymore. i've avoided the main quest like a plague and i'm just doing everything else, that way i don't feel like i'm done when i defeat ganon.

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Still play. Been doing the story in small chunks and exploring naturally. My Link is probably going to get yelled at by Zelda for not coming to her rescue sooner!

That said, when I finish it on the Wii U, I'd probably replay it on the Switch. Great game, just...not a portable one...

Last edited by astrangeone,

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Care to elaborate? I played the whole game portable, as I received the Switch one day before going on vacation. I did not play it docked once.
Also I play Fast RMX here and there (I don't think it is very enjoyable in a small screen without the PRO Controller though).
Then also Zelda. But this also is not very travel friendly IMHO, I play it during my commute to work but everytime I play is like me thinking what the hell was I doing before and what to do, and then I am at the office, I think this game is better suited to sit and play for a couple of hours.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To be honest I'm really enjoying playing it for short stretches. I keep in mind specific goals that I want to tackle that day. Yesterday I scouted kit Eventide Island and now I sort of have a plan as to how to tackle it. It's still pretty formidable, my second attempt had a long thunderstorm and a red moon halfway through.

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Care to elaborate? I played the whole game portable, as I received the Switch one day before going on vacation. I did not play it docked once.

It's not a game you can play in chunks. I usually do two hour stretches after work (maybe discovering a new island OR finishing a quest...).

I have a Wii U, and I currently have the Switch version as well. The Wii U gets more play time actually.

Nisem0n0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't been playing as much as the first week, slowed down my pace considerably. Currently at 55h (so it seems) 64 shrines, 84 korok seeds, all divine beasts beat. Still haven't beaten Ganon, but probably get to it as soon as I get all the shrines completed.

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm way past doing fetch quests and doing everything in games. I've stopped just now at 130 hours. Did all dungeons, Ganon and 80 shrines but I will come back to it for the DLC.

Reactions: chartube12

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played it for maybe a week and a half, then I beat Ganon and did a lot of things already, so it's kinda getting boring becuase I've run out of things to do, but I'm only just now hearing about the falling stars and dragons so I may start playing again. It's also fun to check everyday if you have Zelda amiibo

Proust

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Haven't touched my Switch for two weeks now, played hours and hours but once Ganon is defeated it's a bit hard to get into it again. Even if there's still much to do, but I'm confident sooner or later I'll tackle the rest and explore more of Hyrule. Pity there's no Nintendo trophée system which would could have kept me motivated :-)

Reactions: Enovale

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1