Hardware So about the Wii U becoming rare now...

barryhass

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kind of saw this coming when Nintendo announced they were discontinuing the system, but assuming this isn't sensationalist https://kotaku.com/the-wii-u-is-getting-harder-to-find-1822623761 BS, what's probably the biggest cause of the Wii U becoming harder to find? Is it just people who realized it might be best to hang onto their consoles, or is it more scalpers buying up everything? I want to believe the first, please tell me I'm wrong to assume the worst in people.

Reactions: newo

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There wasn't that many to begin with, it wasn't selling like hotcakes over the 5 years, and that is no longer being produced makes it rare. That and other possible obvious reasons, people potentially scalping, or stocking up on them, you know?

Besides that, is just a system that wasn't selling and wasn't producing many units of.

Reactions: DayVeeBoi

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will be quite rare. Can you find a turbo graphics cd game in the wild? not even a single HUE Card. I plan on buying my collection when NoobStop has their clearance. Im gonna head to the local toys r us that is conna close and try to get a switch kiosk and what ever Nintendo display stuff i can get. They will probably toss it in the trash, so ima gonna ask for it. If i do get it, then shit, ima be happy.

Reactions: comput3rus3r

pivix

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Wii U is now very expensive. I have bought mine ~3 years ago, for about 186 Euro with 8 games (eg. splatoon, zelda WW, toad game, pikmin 3, Lego undercover, MK8). I still haven`t completed many games that I own, but what amaze me is its price nowadays is 100-130 Euro higher for the set that I have bought 3 y ago. Selling it could be very profitable, but I don't want to part with it. It is still a good console with a lot of potential, and accessories ;P.

Last edited by pivix,

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes I've actually loved that console more than any other. Unlike PS3/4/Xbox360/1/PC it doesn't have much AAA games. The Wii U has some rare and great exclusive games that will make you happy (Super Mario 3D World, Xenoblade Chronicles X, ...). Absolutely worth it.

reapcreep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Came across these awesome deals while searching for a new Wii Remote on Amazon and Walmart. Get em while you can XD
Screenshot_2018-03-02-10-43-52.png Screenshot_2018-03-02-10-45-51.png Screenshot_2018-03-02-10-47-38.png

Last edited by reapcreep,
D

Deleted-355425

Wii u was always expensive, it wasn't worth what they were asking too lol.

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just picked up a second Wii U from someone on craigslist, I think they will be a rare find in 10 years. The original Wii is stacked up at every thrift store I go to, but I haven't found a Wii U sitting there yet. On Goodwill's online auction, Wii U's go for what they go for on Ebay, a minimum of $150+shipping. I gotta order like 3 gamepad replacement batteries and a grip of Wii U gamepad to usb cords. Time flies and this system didn't do well, so in a few years I think they will be tough to find and find parts for.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all