Are you going to buy it?

• Total voters

Ssx9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, despite the issues we've seen in the previous demos, NGamer UK gave MGS3D a 93% in their review, and scored an 8/10 in EDGE's review. For those who weren't planning on getting it because of the frame rate/textures problems, has this changed your mind, or are you going to wait for gameplay videos before deciding?
I'm only asking that because both are are respected magazines, and I doubt they'd give it a high score just because it's a metal gear game.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not everyone has every system.
For anyone that has the system for the HD collection, yeah, that would be better obviously.

I only have a Wii and 3DS, so in my case, I would probably enjoy this and it would be worth it.

Reactions: 6 people

RedJiggly

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am going to wait for videos and possibly a demo. Even tough reviews are a nice way of knowing what other people think about a game, nothing is a better way to decide if you want a game than test it out yourself.

So no. The new reviews are not going to affect my judgment.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Definitely my pick, the framerate has been improve so IGN says. It's visually on par with PS2 version just about. A complete remake would have made a day and night difference compared to the PS2 version like that tech demo at E3 2010. I'll bite nevertheless.

hkz8000

Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder if this game has parts that were cut out of the HD version such as the nightmare sequence or the Secret Theater.

Majorami

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't you hear? MGS3D were so awesome that they exploded and caught the Konami building on fire. Most of the copies were destroyed. The developers said on their Tweeters that they plan to dial back the intensity of the game, and have to reprint new copies. The release date has been pushed back by 6 months.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
It's still a mediocre concept for a portable game. It's much better to just buy it on a console and get two other Metal Gear games with it.
There is such a thing as "don't own a console, but own a 3DS". so your advice is pretty much self-serving.

anyways, i'll buy this one just to see for myself what all the hubbub is about. i hope the demo that's supposed to come out will be relatively good.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Lets get things straight, this is (imo) the best metal gear solid game, Has one hell of a good story, has (again imo) some of the best boss fights, if you havent played it and have no way of playing it on any other console = GET IT

BUT

I own it on the ps2 and iv played it so much that im convinced people wont enjoy it on the 3DS. It doesnt suit a portable console, alot of the areas (if you plan to do it stealhy) take a while to complete and given the 3DS's battery life there is just NO way you could play this whilst you are out and about. 90% of you will be sat at home with your 3DS plugged in as you are sat playing a game that will be not only cheaper to buy for a ps2 but you can play it on a bigger screen too.

I think if you own a ps2 or any of the HD collection consoles, get it for that.

Reactions: 1 person

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lets get things straight, this is (imo) the best metal gear solid game, Has one hell of a good story, has (again imo) some of the best boss fights, if you havent played it and have no way of playing it on any other console = GET IT

BUT

I own it on the ps2 and iv played it so much that im convinced people wont enjoy it on the 3DS. It doesnt suit a portable console, alot of the areas (if you plan to do it stealhy) take a while to complete and given the 3DS's battery life there is just NO way you could play this whilst you are out and about. 90% of you will be sat at home with your 3DS plugged in as you are sat playing a game that will be not only cheaper to buy for a ps2 but you can play it on a bigger screen too.

I think if you own a ps2 or any of the HD collection consoles, get it for that.
Exactly.
BUT on the battery, Konami DID say they optimized it for the 3DS, so battery may not be a problem.

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would have preferred a brand new metal gear game or even a MGS2 remake over this. I think 2 is the best story so far. I know the countless Raiden haters will disagree, but that's my view.
I'll probably still get it. The MGS junkie in me can't resist.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [louder cricket sounds]