So, a DLDI patcher actually running on a DS...

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Stu L Tissimus, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Stu L Tissimus
    OP

Newcomer Stu L Tissimus Member

United States
    Okay, I'll fess up. I don't have the programming skills to do this, I'm just throwing the idea around (and hoping somebody picks it up) [​IMG]. But wouldn't it be nice to never have to touch dlditool ever again and just have an NDS app with a file explorer that would apply the patch?

....and yet as I type this, I realize how dumb it sounds. [​IMG]

2. Foolio

Newcomer Foolio Advanced Member

United States
    Actually, I don't think this idea is too bad. Or even better: have something built into your flash card firmware that could patch the DLDI-compatible homebrew on the fly. Each card would have it's own patch built-in so the same homebrew binary would run an any card without patching it first.

3. Opium

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    I'm not sure if it's technically possible, it very well might be though [​IMG]

It's a good idea, NDS roms are patched on the fly anyway, perhaps there is a way to have homebrew dldi patch on the fly...

It would be great if something like that could be done.

4. living-ghost

Newcomer living-ghost Advanced Member

Canada
    I think someone already patched the dlditool to work on dslinux. I found it somewhere on the dslinux forums.

I would dig up the exact location but I am currently supposed to be programming an artificial intelligence.

If I remember and no one beats me to it I will dig it up again.

5. jeklnoo

Member jeklnoo GBAtemp Fan

United States