So, a DLDI patcher actually running on a DS...

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Stu L Tissimus, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Stu L Tissimus
    OP

Stu L Tissimus Member

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2007
    United States
    Okay, I'll fess up. I don't have the programming skills to do this, I'm just throwing the idea around (and hoping somebody picks it up) [​IMG]. But wouldn't it be nice to never have to touch dlditool ever again and just have an NDS app with a file explorer that would apply the patch?

....and yet as I type this, I realize how dumb it sounds. [​IMG]

2. Foolio

Foolio Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2005
    United States
    Idaho (GMT-7)
    Actually, I don't think this idea is too bad. Or even better: have something built into your flash card firmware that could patch the DLDI-compatible homebrew on the fly. Each card would have it's own patch built-in so the same homebrew binary would run an any card without patching it first.

3. Opium

Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Former Staff
    Dec 22, 2002
    Australia
    I'm not sure if it's technically possible, it very well might be though [​IMG]

It's a good idea, NDS roms are patched on the fly anyway, perhaps there is a way to have homebrew dldi patch on the fly...

It would be great if something like that could be done.

4. living-ghost

living-ghost Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2006
    Canada
    Kitchener, Ontario
    I think someone already patched the dlditool to work on dslinux. I found it somewhere on the dslinux forums.

I would dig up the exact location but I am currently supposed to be programming an artificial intelligence.

If I remember and no one beats me to it I will dig it up again.

5. jeklnoo

jeklnoo GBAtemp Fan

Oct 20, 2006
    United States
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice