Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
too little snow in korea
frown.gif

i remember 7 years ago it snowed a LOT so schools were shut down...
damn i hope it snows again
frown.gif

S

ScuberSteve

Being Canadian, and having lived through many harsh winters, I can say this:

Snow sucks.

Honestly, there's nothing good about it. Sure, skiing/snowboarding*, and perhaps even sledding, but I really just don't think that any of it is worth it. I hate winter. I hate snow. I'd rather burn my skin than freeze my fingers any day.

I also find no fun in snowball fights. Sure, I could nail someone I don't like in the face with rocks/ice in a snowball, and say it was an "accident", but I had a terrible experience with that in 2nd grade that just plain sucked.

*Skating doesn't apply being to a part of winter since it's available in Toronto all year long

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
iffy525 said:
Joe88 said:
ill be enjoying my 97F heat wave here while your playing in the snow...
Down in the northwest it still feels like fall...
frown.gif
Been raining for weeks with the sun only appearing about 1-2 times a week...

Having spent a fair amount of time in the northwest over the course of things you appear to have just described 90% of the time.

Back on topic: snow is great, I just hope everyone around you knows how to drive in it (30 mm around here means road network is in chaos).

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
ScuberSteve said:
Being Canadian, and having lived through many harsh winters, I can say this:

Snow sucks.

Honestly, there's nothing good about it. Sure, skiing/snowboarding*, and perhaps even sledding, but I really just don't think that any of it is worth it. I hate winter. I hate snow. I'd rather burn my skin than freeze my fingers any day.

I also find no fun in snowball fights. Sure, I could nail someone I don't like in the face with rocks/ice in a snowball, and say it was an "accident", but I had a terrible experience with that in 2nd grade that just plain sucked.

*Skating doesn't apply being to a part of winter since it's available in Toronto all year long

You would like here.. we have cold winters, but not cold enough to get snow.. on the other hand, on summer it's common to have temperatures above 40°C
tongue.gif

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
smile.gif
How did I just know the OP was a Kiwi or an Aussy
smile.gif

Here were are currently getting our first dose of A/C panic I suppose.

This Canadian LIKES winter.

Ok think about this, all you get from summer is girls in bikinis on the beach (and if you can't take them home and have sex then what good is it really). Sure you don't need to shovel snow in summer, but I don't think 80+ heat and considerable humidity is something to get excited over, even if you don't have to shovel humidity.

And I can go to an indoor pool and see girls in swimsuits in winter at any rate.

Having bitching A/C doesn't go far, as you can't take your A/C with you when you walk out the door either.
And wearing a decent jacket in winter works just fine.

And the landlord doesn't charge me extra if I turn up the heat on really cold days in winter, but he needs an extra 50 a month if I have an A/C going in the summer.

There are too many conditions on enjoying the summer.

S

ScuberSteve

Hah Panzer Tactizer! I HAS THE FREE UTILITIES!
But that doesn't matter, as I refuse to turn on air-conditioning... It makes my head hurt, and it ruins the summer feeling.
Hell, yesterday was upwards of 20 degrees C, but I wore a sweater because I was wearing long pants >.<
I loooove the summer.
The feeling of that wall of heat when you walk out of an air-conditioned building makes me ecstatic.
Knowing that I can walk out of the house at 9PM with shorts and a t-shirt is even better.

Also, I have found the feeling of snow blindness in the summer. Look up at the clouds on a cloudy day, but the clouds must be (opposite of dense) enough for the sun to get through. Reflection of the sun's light on white clouds is the best snow blindness emulation ever.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, our winters and summers are becoming more unpredictable every year over here in the UK. The only times it's snowed this year were in October and February sometime, and considering our winter is from December to February, it's rather weird. And then on a couple of days in winter we had times when it was hot enough to take our shirts off. Very, very odd when the majority of winter is spent under about 8 degrees celsius here.
And then we have random heat waves interspersed by weeks of cloud and rain in the UK for summer. It's just not good when you're planning to go out somewhere. Stupid UK weather!
Also, never mind Global Warming, it's hardly getting warm at all, the weather's just getting more unpredictable and strange. Hows about Global Unpredictabilitation?

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
I love snow, I wish I could be in Austrailia right now! I love the summer but days like this where it is supposed to be 90 something and humid out sucks ass, and plus I have to play a show tonight and be sweating my ass off, that sucks worse. I wish there was snow here.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand why people like snow.

Its cold. Fucks up traffic. Gets your stuff wet. Gets you wet. Covers outdoor cars. Is difficult to walk and drive in.

No upsides.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol