SNK 40th Anniversary Collection announced for the Nintendo Switch

SNK-40th-Collection_04-06-18.jpg

SNK and NIS America announced a new Switch release at PAX East 2018 today, in the form of the SNK 40th Anniversary Collection. It'll be a collection of classic SNK games repackaged on the Nintendo Switch, with added bonuses, such as updating the graphics and displaying the games at 1080p, a rewind and savestate feature, and even a cheat mode, for all the included games. SNK did not announce the full list of games that would be included in this anniversary collection, but did reveal some of the games that will be included, noted below:

• Alpha Mission
  • Athena
  • Crystallis
  • Ikari Warriors
  • Ikari III: The Rescue
  • Guerrilla War
  • P.O.W.
  • Prehistoric Isle in 1930
  • Psycho Soldier
  • Street Smart
  • TNK III
  • Vanguard
  • Victory Road
snk40_full_white_1.jpg

A limited edition was also announced, which will retail for $64.99, and will include the game, an art book, a soundtrack, and a collector's box, which is available on NIS America's online storefront. More games that will be part of the collection are scheduled to be announced at a later date.

:arrow: Source

D

Deleted User

Hopefully, they'll allow Western users to play the Japanese version of Psycho Soldier. I know I sound like a total weeb saying that, but the vocals in the English version are just... for lack of a better description, not the best.

Also, here's hoping that they'll include at least one Fatal Fury or Art of Fighting game here.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
if they put all metal slug games in there then i might bite, but having only afew games and 99% of them fighting games will make me not want it.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
That game selection is bad. I hope is not the console ports but the arcade ones. Cause I dunno. now if it was metal slug and KOF collection, HELL YES! But those seem like console games which was horrendously bad if not based on the arcade counterpart. :blink:

form what i read both arcade and home versions for a many of the game

and this is just the base list more game will know latter

Last edited by Ryupower,

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, a Capcom vs. SNK/SNK vs. Capcom Collection for the Switch with all fighting games from both SNK and Capcom would sound fantastic. They could even throw in the Card Fighters Clash games, while they're at it.
That might not happen on, not even on the distant future, that would have to make Capcom and SNK to Re-Sign a contract to publish a game to a new console.

But hey, there is Always Retroarch for That.

Reactions: Deleted User

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how can you call this an SNK collection and not have metal slug?
I know there is more games to be announced but alot of these other games arnt really notable

Reactions: Pandaxclone2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou