Snezziboy v0.25 HDMA

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Kagaden, Aug 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kagaden
    OP

Kagaden Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 13, 2006
    United States
    Here it is:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/snezziboy/

Fixes and Features:
    - Fixed a bug with the reading of registers $2137/$213C/$213D (Final Fantasy Mystic Quest is able to proceed to the title screen)
    - Fixed a critical bug with the MVN/MVP instructions to handle the A register correctly in 8-bit mode.
    - Fixed a DMA bug so that the incrementing of the source address does not affect the address bank. (Final Fantasy Mystic no longer crashes and now seems playable)
    - Fixed a bug with the DMA transfer to correctly increment the source address depending on the DMA increment mode. (Secret of Mana no longer crashes before the first dungeon) - Fixed a bug with the RESET function that causes backgrounds remain stationary after using the configuration's RESET option.
    - Fixed the SBC instruction to take care of decimal mode subtraction (uses modified code from SNES Advance) (Zombies ate my Neighbors is now playable)
    - Fixed Mode 7 where there was once a band appearing at the top of the screen.
    - Fixed (partially) SNES additive transparencies. - Implemented Mode 7 wraparound based on register $211A. HDMA: - Implemented partial HDMA for background scrolling positions (Donkey Kong 3, first level moves as expected) (Street Fighter 2 background moves as expected) (Castlevania X first level background effects visible) (HDMA is slow on the GBA and is expected)
    - Implemented new option to enable/disable HDMA (for games that don't necessarily require it)
    Optimizations:
    - Made slight optimizations to instructions that operate on the A register, and certain jump instructions
    - Made major optimizations to all instructions to remove instruction to add to SnesPC register (Credit to Gladius for the suggestion; most games should experience a slight but notable increase in speed)

Great work Bubble2k. Hopefully a .NDS version is on the way soon. Go go Gladius! [​IMG]

Edit: Because I'm sure there will be many questions it doesn't appear that Chrono Trigger is working -yet-. The first step of implimenting HDMA (in backgrounds) seems to be successful though. [​IMG]

2. cory1492

cory1492 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2005
    Canada
    Home, WhereElse?
    Thanks Kadagen, I normally pick updates of this up off other sites - I had no idea it was hosted at good ol' sourceforge [​IMG]

Excellent stuff Bubble2k [​IMG]

3. Dirtie

Dirtie :'D

Former Staff
    Sep 9, 2003
    New Zealand
    Zealer
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice