Snezziboy v0.25 HDMA

Discussion in 'GBA - Emulation' started by Kagaden, Aug 11, 2006.

Aug 11, 2006

Snezziboy v0.25 HDMA by Kagaden at 5:07 AM (1,994 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Kagaden
    OP

Newcomer Kagaden Advanced Member

United States
    Here it is:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/snezziboy/

Fixes and Features:
    - Fixed a bug with the reading of registers $2137/$213C/$213D (Final Fantasy Mystic Quest is able to proceed to the title screen)
    - Fixed a critical bug with the MVN/MVP instructions to handle the A register correctly in 8-bit mode.
    - Fixed a DMA bug so that the incrementing of the source address does not affect the address bank. (Final Fantasy Mystic no longer crashes and now seems playable)
    - Fixed a bug with the DMA transfer to correctly increment the source address depending on the DMA increment mode. (Secret of Mana no longer crashes before the first dungeon) - Fixed a bug with the RESET function that causes backgrounds remain stationary after using the configuration's RESET option.
    - Fixed the SBC instruction to take care of decimal mode subtraction (uses modified code from SNES Advance) (Zombies ate my Neighbors is now playable)
    - Fixed Mode 7 where there was once a band appearing at the top of the screen.
    - Fixed (partially) SNES additive transparencies. - Implemented Mode 7 wraparound based on register $211A. HDMA: - Implemented partial HDMA for background scrolling positions (Donkey Kong 3, first level moves as expected) (Street Fighter 2 background moves as expected) (Castlevania X first level background effects visible) (HDMA is slow on the GBA and is expected)
    - Implemented new option to enable/disable HDMA (for games that don't necessarily require it)
    Optimizations:
    - Made slight optimizations to instructions that operate on the A register, and certain jump instructions
    - Made major optimizations to all instructions to remove instruction to add to SnesPC register (Credit to Gladius for the suggestion; most games should experience a slight but notable increase in speed)

Great work Bubble2k. For others, I don't think this includes the .NDS version (which is what I'm waiting for). [​IMG]

2. zektor

Member zektor GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Absolutely amazing for the ol' GBA. I am still amazed at the feats that have been accomplished for this little handheld. Great job!

3. heyyouguys

Member heyyouguys GBAtemp Fan

United States
    From bubble2k

EDIT: Quick fixed to v0.26.

1. Fixed transparency and speed issue that broke Aladdin.

2. Do you people ever experience a crash when you've played on Snezziboy for too long? I just found out that roughly 18 - 25 minutes (or about 65535 SNES frames) of continuous play crashes Snezziboy. It was an overflow bug that's now fixed in v0.26.

Ready for download at:
    http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=166961

4. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    So we got any clue what this can or can't run at this rate?

5. milfy

Newcomer milfy Member

United States
    This file shows up as having a trojan when scanned with ClamXav.

6. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Antivir flags every instance of "snezzi.exe" as a trojan as well, but don't worry, it's safe. Just a false positive in the scan.

Kinda annoying though, as I've got about 20 instances of that program on my hard drive (several versions of Snezziboy, plus several versions of SnezziDS, sound and nosound versions, each of which get flagged separately).