SnesEmulDs Tutorial for G6

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Kissell13, Apr 24, 2007.

Apr 24, 2007

SnesEmulDs Tutorial for G6 by Kissell13 at 11:57 PM (1,233 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Kissell13
    OP

Newcomer Kissell13 Member

Austria
    Anyone have a link to info on how to get SnesEmulDs working on the G6. I followed the included instructions but only get a white screen. Any help is greatly apreciated.

-Kissell13

2. Kissell13
    OP

Newcomer Kissell13 Member

Austria
    Well, I managed to get it working and can even run games. One question though. In Chrono Trigger everything works fine except it is wierd in the text menus making it impossible to read. I know that there have been posts with probles for this game I just wondered if this is fixable>

-Kissell13

3. Shagsta

Newcomer Shagsta Member

Australia
    Would you mind telling us how you got it working?

4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    SnesemulDS is DLDI based nowadays so you can either patch it with the DLDI patch:
    http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/ read up on all the threads around here as well.
    Also if you have an older cart or one with no DLDI that can run GBA stuff (e.g. an F2A, EZFA, EZ1/2 cart):
    http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=12978

Chrono trigger is the game everyone is watching these days and text is one of the main issues, I vaguely recall some mention of options making the text better (at the cost of something else) but should you wait it is fairly certain an update will appear.

5. Shagsta

Newcomer Shagsta Member

Australia
    Yeah I patched the .nds file with the G6 DLDI patch. Didn't work.
    Downloaded the pre-patched file from the website. Didn't work.
    Tried copying the .nds file directly to the G6. Didn't work.
    Tried using the G6 U-Disk manager to put the file on the G6. Didn't work.

What else is there for me to try? All I get is a white screen when I try to run it, no matter what I do.

6. stormwolf18

Member stormwolf18 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    d/l the emulator, patch it with dldi for g6, put the file in the root of your cart with the config file and a directory name SNES with roms in there. boot your ds, select my cart in the top right menu, select the .nds file and click add header. this as been said many times already, next time please check the snemulds topic