Hacking Snes9xtyl or snes9x euphoria

will24

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Anyone making the snes9xtyl or even snes9x euphoria it works for adrenaline latest version? When i load the ROM it just freezes.

In my orig psp it works, but in ps vita thru adrenaline its not.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt this will get updated anymore. But only unless someone is willing to try. You probably better off using one of the vita retroarch emus or waiting for a new one for vita. :unsure:

will24

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
So it means they really wont work? I thought maybe there were some tweaks i can do to make it work.

Well i will try the retroarch all-in-one build.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it means they really wont work? I thought maybe there were some tweaks i can do to make it work.

Well i will try the retroarch all-in-one build.
The snes psp emulator works for me but since you are using an actual ps vita and not a real psp you could try this native snes ps vita emulator out. I have no issues with it and it even runs sa-1 chip based games. IMO it has an easier to understand/deal with menu than retroarch.

https://github.com/skogaby/CATSFC-libretro/releases

SeongGino

The Average One
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
IMO it has an easier to understand/deal with menu than retroarch.

Personally, I'd still suggest to use RA itself. The SNES9x cores there are far more developed and have matured over the year of its development. If you don't like the AIO package, just use the SNES9x 2005 one.
To be fair the UI will never be to everyone's tastes, but if you don't like XMB, then GLUI works too! Far simpler in my opinion.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be fair the UI will never be to everyone's tastes, but if you don't like XMB, then GLUI works too! Far simpler in my opinion.
The UI has been the biggest thing about retroarch, more people would use it if it looked presentable but retroarch focus more on trying to have multiple cores for accuracy in emulation which i understand but not many people get that about it.

SeongGino

The Average One
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The UI has been the biggest thing about retroarch, more people would use it if it looked presentable but retroarch focus more on trying to have multiple cores for accuracy in emulation which i understand but not many people get that about it.

And it's understandable! Trust me, before I started the whole Vita RA thread when I used it on Android, I thought it was horrendous. I swore up and down that separate emulators with varying simpler frontends were the future. It's why the Retroarch Twitter page still has my personal account blocked, because dumb Seongs are dumb.
But, if you give it a few days, you'll find that it's pretty easy to use. And with GLUI working on the Vita side, it's a far more thematically appropriate frontend than XMB since it's faster with less fluff. Honestly, after using RA, I can never go back to a traditional separate emulator setup like I had before (Except for some desktop stuff like Dolphin or Cemu, for varying reasons).

But hey, to each their own.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And it's understandable! Trust me, before I started the whole Vita RA thread when I used it on Android, I thought it was horrendous. I swore up and down that separate emulators with varying simpler frontends were the future. It's why the Retroarch Twitter page still has my personal account blocked, because dumb Seongs are dumb.
But, if you give it a few days, you'll find that it's pretty easy to use. And with GLUI working on the Vita side, it's a far more thematically appropriate frontend than XMB since it's faster with less fluff. Honestly, after using RA, I can never go back to a traditional separate emulator setup like I had before (Except for some desktop stuff like Dolphin or Cemu, for varying reasons).

But hey, to each their own.
I just mean retroarch does is job as a all in one emulator skin but is easily turned off by lack of presentation. Is not a bad thing that it does the job it was meant to do, just people avoid it cause is unappealing. It doesn't look like the other emulators like wii homebrew has, Snes9X GX, Gens plus GX but it works probably better cause of how it designed (pulling cores from definitive emulation) Still SNES9X I use on pc just cause is simple for me, Kega fusion and so on.

Of course on android I have it used cause not all free emulators have what i need like the gen plus core to play Pier Solar or some rom hacks, or Sega CD game gear /32x support. I use as necessary mostly.

SeongGino

The Average One
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Blah blah RetroArch blah.

Not to be off-topic (And I shall leave the thread as such) or anything, I just wanted to leave my thoughts on it, was all; not just for being the maintainer of the thread here, but because I personally use it in my day-to-day emulation life even with equivalent standalone options.
All I can say is, RA does its job well for my, and a lot of other people's, needs. Either you get used to it and enjoy it, or don't and move on to something better fitting of your preferences. And there's nothing wrong with having a choice! (Despite most of the best emulation cores/experiences being somewhat exclusively Libretro cores for varying reasons... Not to accuse the Libretro developers plsdontkillme)

I do hope RA's developments inspire standalone Vita emulation programmers/porters to make something great! We could use more variety in the scene nowadays.

Last edited by SeongGino,
Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

will24

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Thanks for input. Im starting to like retroarch since its seems far more stable than the snes9x of adrenaline.

SeongGino

The Average One
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for input. Im starting to like retroarch since its seems far more stable than the snes9x of adrenaline.

The PSP SNES emulators never were stable to begin with. Back in the day, they barely got fullspeed in some basic titles, and anything vaguely exotic in terms of emulated featureset would slow to varying degrees (So forget pretty Mode 7). Not without some frameskip, at least.
On Vita, native emulators can do most basic titles well, and more exotic ones are perfectly fine; even SA-1 chip games (Mario RPG) and some Super FX games (SMW2 - Yoshi's Island) work great. The Vita (on its own merits) is probably the first portable device I've seen to do SNES very well (The New 3DS doesn't count in this case, as it released three years later) with a moderate compatibility... though the best still remains to be the GPD Win on the basis of it being a proper x86_64 machine.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i mean even with the High memory mod, it wasn't much, it tried and lost developement interest in like 2012 i think with the euphoria R5 most recent? Anyway, vita has better hardware and retroarch is dedicated emu for accuracy on most grounds so yeah, is probably all we can use for now, not so bad is it? :)

will24

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Thanks for input. I staryed to like the gpd xd as its android and most likely development will continue. But so far i think the vita will suffice. Can i transfer the save files from the snes9x on psp into the retroaech snes core for vita?

Also side question how about the adrenaline (psx games) vs. The retroaech psx core (pcxsr?)

SeongGino

The Average One
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for input. I staryed to like the gpd xd as its android and most likely development will continue. But so far i think the vita will suffice. Can i transfer the save files from the snes9x on psp into the retroaech snes core for vita?

Also side question how about the adrenaline (psx games) vs. The retroaech psx core (pcxsr?)
I'm not big into Adrenaline as of yet, but the PS1 support seems to be on par with POPS standard. If that's the case, use Adrenaline as the safest bet. PCSX ReARMed has its issues still.

Reactions: cvskid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s