Snes9xGx

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by godreborn, Dec 19, 2010.

Dec 19, 2010

Snes9xGx by godreborn at 12:40 AM (1,409 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. godreborn
    OP

Member godreborn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    is it possible to prevent the snes9xgx emulator from searching for updates? I have a modded version of the emulator that allows for classic controller pro support since the official one doesn't. however, every time I open the emulator it searches for updates.

2. xfcrowman

Member xfcrowman GBAtemp Fan

United States
    See this thread. I uploaded a version of SNES9x-gx that does not look for an update, and there are instructions on how to disable updates if you know how to compile snes9x-gx.

3. godreborn
    OP

United States
    does that version u uploaded have classic controller pro support as well? thanks

4. Jacobeian

Member Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Cuba
    I think official versions support classic controller pro as well now. Only thing that don't work (in official & mods) are analog sticks.

5. godreborn
    OP

United States
    hmmm...well, I updated to the latest version and classic controller pro wouldn't function at all. the normal classic controller I have as well as the gamecube to ps2 converter worked but were very laggy...probably because they were unofficial. this modded version for classic controller pro works perfectly. is it possible to decompile a boot.dol and change the auto-update feature then recompile it?

6. Jacobeian

Member Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Cuba
    nope.

controller compatibility is related to libogc & wiiuse library so what you need is:

1) get the snes9x-gx source code from googlecode
    2) modify the code to remove auto updates (this is explained somewhere on these forums, very easy to do, like one line or two to delete)
    3) recompile the code with the modded libogc that has CC Pro support (available in one of the thread here)

Still, I thought that CC Pro support was already in the official libogc so what you say is surprising. I'm curious to know what fixes modded libogc has, maybe it should be commited to the official ones so all projects automatically take benefits of those fixes.

7. godreborn
    OP

United States
    well, from what I've seen, the pro version of the classic controller seems to read and send information in a totally different method than the original classic controller. it seems to affect all nintendo emulators...probably because they're from the same team. to me, the wiimote is not very well designed when used in a horizontal fashion...the button placement is awkward.