I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hi guys.

I've already left a comment about this in the noobie question section, but I decided to comment again here hoping that anyone can help me out. Here goes:

When using Snes9x TX, I notice diagonal banding in Earthbound and compositve video artifacts in some games – especially around text – and I find it ugly and distracting. I imagine this happens because the emulator uses trap filtering by default and there's no way to change this in the emulator's UI or directly in the config file AFAIK. If I use RetroArch's Snes9x Next core without trap filtering on, this issue doesn't occur, but I generally prefer using Snes9x TX because it renders FF6 more accurately and also supports Super Scope games, and ultimately, I really would prefer to stick with a single emulator per system.

Here are a few pictures for reference. Please note how there's diagonal banding in the background when using both Snes9x TX and RA with trap filtering on, but not when I disable trap filtering in RA. If anyone knows what I could change in order to solve the banding problem in Snes9x TX, please let me know. Even though I don't have any programming experience, I'd still appreciate any pointers regarding what I could change in the source code to solve this!

Thank you all in advance.
I was using version 1.0.7, but updated it just in case and the banding persists. Toggling the crosshair on and off doesn't seem to do anything.
@klaudio5 I see. Crosshair i was reading about it and it's (i think) the emulated cursor of the Justifier or the Super Scope.
That's another bug.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hi @Tanooki16, sorry for necrobumping again this official thread for Snes9x TX :P

But maybe for the next version can add this code i'm trying to add to main Snes9x GX? It's for allow us to select the "Original" (240p) render option when the TV Resolution setting (from Wii Settings) is set to "EDTV or HDTV (480p)" over component cables.

This was taken from @niuus' Snes9x RX, which he says:

Here https://github.com/dborth/snes9xgx/commit/1bd50c70

Also can you add this Spanish translation update? https://github.com/dborth/snes9xgx/commit/80eba1fd

Also will be adding the new commits made to Snes9x GX?
Keep working on these, your forks of FCEUGX and Snes9xGX are great for keep enjoying NES and SNES on Wii :)

Greetings :D

EDIT: @Tanooki16, my pull request for allowing 240p setting in 480p Wiis, my Spanish translation update and other commits are added to main Snes9x GX, so do you mind adding these to Snes9x TX please? Thanks! :)
last message edited because Tantric added my changes to main Snes9x GX

Spec

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello..

Great work here. But is anyone having issues with the Channel Forwarders For the vWii? It keeps setting the emulator to 4:3 instead of 16:9. I tried all the forwarders and I get the same problem.

This doesn't happen with the NES version FECEUX-TX Forwarder. That emulator stays in 16:9 after the running the Forwarder as it should and the games run fine with Widescreen fix on so the games play in 4:3 but the Emulator menu stays at 16:9. Again, this isn't the case for the Snesx9xTX emulator after installing and launching from the Forwarders. Snes9xTX emulator only launches and stays in 16:9 if it's run the from Homebrew channel so I can't say it's the emulator but most likely the Forwarders of the Snes9xTX for the vWii that are causing this little hiccup.

Would appreciate the help in figuring this one out.

And thank you for this port. :)

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hello..

Great work here. But is anyone having issues with the Channel Forwarders For the vWii? It keeps setting the emulator to 4:3 instead of 16:9. I tried all the forwarders and I get the same problem.

This doesn't happen with the NES version FECEUX-TX Forwarder. That emulator stays in 16:9 after the running the Forwarder as it should and the games run fine with Widescreen fix on so the games play in 4:3 but the Emulator menu stays at 16:9. Again, this isn't the case for the Snesx9xTX emulator after installing and launching from the Forwarders. Snes9xTX emulator only launches and stays in 16:9 if it's run the from Homebrew channel so I can't say it's the emulator but most likely the Forwarders of the Snes9xTX for the vWii that are causing this little hiccup.

Would appreciate the help in figuring this one out.

And thank you for this port. :)
@Spec

Certain IDs will force 4:3 on vWii but not on original Wii.
Could you take the original Wii forwarder of Snes9x TX and convert it to vWii with the necessary adjustments using my tool?:
https://gbatemp.net/download/wiifor...wii-u-forwarder-converter-beta-version.37254/

Hope this help ;)

Spec

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Spec

Certain IDs will force 4:3 on vWii but not on original Wii.
Could you take the original Wii forwarder of Snes9x TX and convert it to vWii with the necessary adjustments using...

Hope this help ;)

Hi SaulFabre,

I tried doing that using your old and new beta version of that program and converting the regular Wii WAD Fowarders to vWii and it still didn't work. Maybe if I can change the ID on the emulator and Fowarder..? Is there an easy way to do that? Do you think that would fix it?

Thank you.

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hi SaulFabre,

I tried doing that using your old and new beta version of that program and converting the regular Wii WAD Fowarders to vWii and it still didn't work. Maybe if I can change the ID on the emulator and Fowarder..? Is there an easy way to do that? Do you think that would fix it?

Thank you.
You could try using CustomizeMii for change the title ID of the WAD for replace the first ID letter by another that the vWii know it doesn't force 4:3 mode.

First ID letters that force 4:3 on vWii are: F, J, N, C, E, L, M, P, Q, X

Hope this help ;)

XploitOcelot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! I came into a weird bug:
Why are the scanlines not working with Super Buster Bros.???? Any other games having the same issue?

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi! I came into a weird bug:
Why are the scanlines not working with Super Buster Bros.???? Any other games having the same issue?
Depends on how you're using the video modes.

Composite cables outputs 480i... and this video mode won't let you use Scanline filters.

Component/HD connections outputs 480p... and this will let you use Scanline filters.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
@Tanooki16

Hi there Tanooki, if you're still working on this, i want you to add this modified code i will send you in attachments.

This intends to add option for overclock the Super FX GSU-1 chip (MARIO Chip) games (Star Fox, for example) to 20 MHz for give them a reasonable, playable speedup, since 40 MHz/60 MHz on these SFX GSU-1 games makes them unplayable due to these when overclocked on 40 MHz/60 MHz are running faster than intended.

EDIT: This was taken from Snes9x RX, a fork of Snes9x GX made by @niuus.

Hope this can be integrated to main Snes9x TX?
Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• modified source for SFX 20MHz overclock.zip
    24.9 KB · Views: 40
Last edited by SaulFabre,
  • Haha
Reactions: niuus

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
@Tanooki16

Hi there Tanooki, if you're still working on this, i want you to add this modified code i will send you in attachments.

This intends to add option for overclock the Super FX GSU-1 chip (MARIO Chip) games (Star Fox, for example) to 20 MHz for give them a reasonable, playable speedup, since 40 MHz/60 MHz on these SFX GSU-1 games makes them unplayable due to these when overclocked on 40 MHz/60 MHz are running faster than intended.

Hope this can be integrated to main Snes9x TX?
Thanks in advance :)
You completely forgot to mention (Taken from niuus' Snes9x RX) like you did in GX's PR.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
You completely forgot to mention (Taken from niuus' Snes9x RX) like you did in GX's PR.
Sorry @niuus :P

I will give credit to you for this too.

EDIT: Updated my previous post, mentioned you as original idea of having 20 MHz overclock for Super FX.

• Haha
Reactions: niuus

Tanooki16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Good news, I'm not dead :P

New update in first post !

@klaudio5 I didn't notice because I only play in rgb, i'm going to find my rca cable to see what I can do ;)

@XploitOcelot The video filtering is disabled in hires mode so that it doesn't bug ^^

@SaulFabre Thank you it's added (thanks to niuus, he had a good idea)

@Spec I changed the id of the vWii forwarder, tell me if it works well (I don't have a Wii U to test)

PS: as indicated in the readme file, I made a lot of changes in the translation files. If you ever think that some translations can be improved, put it in the comments ;)

Last edited by Tanooki16,

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Tanooki16

Reporting a bug using release 1.0.9.

After starting a game, when I press Home button and then attempt to return to any game by pressing Close button, the emulator resets.

It does not make any difference if i change a setting or not, i always get a reset. I thought maybe the old saved xml configuration could be causing this issue but it exists with a new complete install as well.

Tanooki16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@RunningSnakes I just tested again to be sure, and I don't have this problem (on my Wii and on Dolphin).

But I would be of the opinion that you should delete the settings file (maybe the one in the root folder), then launch the emulator from the homebrew channel.

I corrected the folders path in the preferences.cpp file because the name "snes9xgx" was not correct.

So I will edit my first post to specify that the settings file should be deleted. Please keep me informed.

Reactions: RunningSnakes

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Tanooki16

Ok. I tried both 1.0.9 releases (Original & USA) from Homebrew channel complete clean installs and the reset persists for me.

The only setting change i made was Controller Horizontal, so i tried clean install with no changes and i still have the issue.

I am using 1.1.3 FCEUXTX Nintendo emulator you just released and am experiencing no issues with it. BTW, thank you for these awesome forks, much appreciated of your time and work.

I will test more thoroughly after i get home from work.

Tanooki16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok, can you test this version and tell me, thanks.

If others can test too, it would be nice :)

Eddit: Not good, it breaks the SuperFX overclock saving. I await the opinion of other members to confirm that the problem is general

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Ok, can you test this version and tell me, thanks.

If others can test too, it would be nice :)

Eddit: Not good, it breaks the SuperFX overclock saving. I await the opinion of other members to confirm that the problem is general
@Tanooki16

Same issue as @RunningSnakes have on latest Snes9x TX v1.0.9 (oddly it doesn't happen on latest FCEUX TX v1.1.3).

When I press the HOME button for access the emulator menu, and then use the "Close" button to return to the game, the game resets by itself.

Even deleted my old settings file and started since zero and problem still continue.

Any solution to this? :P

EDIT: I will attach this photo for see the "Close" button i'm referring.
This issue also happens when i press the HOME button again when on menu for return to the game.
(My language is set in Spanish by the way)

1652882560965.png

Last edited by SaulFabre,

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
@Tanooki16

I don't know if this should be considered as a issue or bug but i've found another bug:

On Snes9x TX 1.0.8, on SNES Super FX games, when i press HOME for access to the menu and leave it during a few time without playing (in my case 30 secs) and then after that time i return to the game the SFX game continue normally.

But when on 1.0.9 in this same procedure (when i press HOME for access to the menu and leave it during a few time without playing (in my case 30 secs) and then after that time i return to the game) the SFX game crashes (hangs) and even throws errors (i tested Stunt Race FX and after leaving in menu during 30 secs the game just hang up with the emulator and after some seconds then showed " !!! OLD MARIO CHIP !!! ! DYNAMICS CHECKSUM FAIL ! TRIED TO MAKE CAR WITH BAD TYPE! ", no matter if i've set up overclock or not.

(the message was not displayed well but i know this is the message that the game thrown)

1652898171752.png

1652898298203.png

(only tested with Stunt Race FX (USA) by now)

That problem without mentioning that on all games (including simple SNES games and all chips FX, SA-1, etc.) reset when returning to the game from the menu if the "FX Overclock" value is set to "Default".
(I mean, SNES games doesn't reset when returning to the game from the menu if the "FX Overclock" value is set to "20 MHz", "40 MHz" or "60 MHz".)

Hope this can be fixed soon so we can enjoy decently the SNES games on Snes9x TX :)

Reactions: RunningSnakes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    the vram is one advantage when it comes to AI but ends up being slower even with that and really AI is the only use case that needs more than 12gb vram right now
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Interesting lol
    I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the one case where the 7900XT and XTX pulled ahead (minus RTX of course)
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to...