Homebrew Snes9xGX-Mushroom

Askot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@SaulFabre As I said, there is no problem with MSU1 games, including the official Snes9x GX (normally, it is the same with the RX).

For the update, I'm just waiting for PacBunny's confirmation for the filter.

Eddit @PacBunny Here is a test version ;) At home, it's 3 am, if I make the connections on my hd tv now, my wife will kill me :lol:
Using filters, has any drop in framerate?

PacBunny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Zorg1996 No compatibility problem with MSU (thanks to Tantic and Bladeoner)

@UWUyamilUWU For the overlays I do not promise anything, but why not ^^

@PacBunny I will release a small update very soon because the UI is 100% finished. So I thought about your question, so what do you think about this filter? Is it the way you want it? For me who usually does not like this kind of filter, I must say that on a hd tv it is not so bad (you can still see the pixels)

AdvMame2x filter:
VkWpALw.png

NSoE7pa.png

k4glTAZ.png
Quick question, why AdMame2x tho?

Tanooki16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Askot I still have to test (all members can do it with the test version) with the big games like Kirby 3 and Yoshi's Island.

Anyway, the Scale2x filter is much less resource intensive than hq2x

@PacBunny The name is temporary (although this filter can also be called that). In the final version it will be called Scale2x ;)

Reactions: SaulFabre

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably a pretty pointless question, but I love your modern forks of these GX emulators, and I'm curious, is there any chance you could give the emulators native ports to the Wii U? I know we don't need it at all as we can forward to them from the Wii U menu and even allow for use of Pro Controllers and the Wii U Gamepad itself, but it would be nice all the same to cut out the load time of the Wii U switching to vWii mode. I know, ultimately pretty stupid, but I still think it'd be cool, plus for light gun games, you could theoretically allow for the GamePad to be moved around to aim kinda like a wiimote.

Tanooki16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@MikaDubbz For that, I'd have to get my Wii U out of the closet (the poor thing has been replaced by a Switch ^^) and motivate myself to hack it.

So yes, why not, it would be quite possible ;)

Reactions: MikaDubbz

PacBunny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Askot I still have to test (all members can do it with the test version) with the big games like Kirby 3 and Yoshi's Island.

Anyway, the Scale2x filter is much less resource intensive than hq2x

@PacBunny The name is temporary (although this filter can also be called that). In the final version it will be called Scale2x ;)
Ok, tried it with Yoshi's Island and it runs good but the way the sprite moves are kinda off. I like for you to look into Scale2xex. For reference I use Scale2xex in EmGBA Wii and it smooths out the pixel and it doesn't oversaturate the colors or text. I suggest testing that out for comparison. Also this probably won't mean anything but in Trials of Mana, everytime a text box pops up it reverts back to the Filtered/Unfiltered rendering.

Last edited by PacBunny,

Askot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I hadn't tested this version and now, I can say: I prefer full 60 fps on Yoshi's Island over a filter, very good job!! Awesome!!

Last edited by Askot,
Reactions: SaulFabre

PacBunny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
General chit-chat
Help Users
    gudenau @ gudenau: https://github.com/gudenau/SourceAmalgam