LinkFan16

I link them all
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello fellow tempers,
once again I'm here for some help and advice. I recently did a fresh set up of the Wiiflow Masterpiece Pack and almost everything is working as it should. Only one thing is really bothering me, and that is not being able to play multiplayer games with the included SNES9XGX emulator. Please read below my explanation of the problem and what steps I already took to try and fix the problem (if there even is a fix for it):

What I'm trying to do:
- Play SNES multiplayer games using a combination of Wiimote & Nunchuck as well as a GameCube Controller as the second gamepad. All gamepads are original Nintendo brand and the GC controller is a Wavebird.

What does work:
- Using the second gamepad - the GC controller - I can open the emulator menu.

What does not work:
- Actually using the GC controller to control the second player in-game. Instead, the second gamepad controls player 1 as well.

What I did to try and fix the problem:
- Check the emulator settings to see if multitap was enabled. Indeed it was.
- Switching the Wavebird on after I started the emulator and the Wiimote for player 1 was already successfully registered.
- Trying to use the Wavebird for player 1 instead. Did not help either since the Wiimote would take over player 1 as soon as I switched it on.

Things that I have yet to try:
- Using a wired GC Controller instead of the Wavebird
- Using two GC Controllers or two Wiimotes & Nunchucks

I did some reading around but as you probably guessed already, I did not find a solution as of yet. But I might have an idea where the problem lies. So maybe someone can help by answering the following question:

- Do you have to use two (or three, four) of the same controllers (2 GC controllers, 2 Wiimotes with Nunchucks...) when playing multiplayer?

Thanks to everyone who tries to help in advance :-)

Edit: I more or less solved the problem. Tried using the Wavebird together with a wired GC Controller and multiplayer started working. So for anyone having the same problem as me: To have working multiplayer in SNES9XGX you have to use two (or 3, or 4) gamepads of the same type!

Last edited by LinkFan16, , Reason: found a solution
Reactions: Tarmfot

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you wanting to play 2 player games only here? Seems by your post that's all you want.... If so, turn the multitap OFF and you should be able to use 2 different controller combinations. Interesting that you need the same controllers for the multitap though, that originally plugged into port 2 on the SNES - could see why player 2's controller might need to be the same as player 3, 4, 5's.. but not player 1's, might have a maul with this myself!

EDIT: OOPS :lol: nope I'm wrong, even without 'multitap' on you still need to use the same controllers! If you want a mix you'll have to use snes9x next in Retroarch instead, which is arguably the better snes emulator anyway.

Last edited by mightymuffy,

LinkFan16

I link them all
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Still thanks for trying :-) Yeah, I know about snes9x and Retroarch, but this setup is also meant for a friend of mine and he doesn't like Retroarch that much because it's settings interface is too complicated for his tastes.

Reactions: mightymuffy

Leo Alves

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I can play multiplayer normally using a Wiimote+Nunchuk and a gamecube controller here

You just need to change GC controller from port 1 to port 2, then it will be player 2

Reactions: LinkFan16

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can play multiplayer normally using a Wiimote+Nunchuk and a gamecube controller here

You just need to change GC controller from port 1 to port 2, then it will be player 2
HAH! - I should've remembered that, but it's been that long since I used the emu.... Now if you'll excuse me this so-called wii emulation helper's off to hang his head in shame.....:lol:

Reactions: Leo Alves

LinkFan16

I link them all
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I tried putting the GC Controller in Port 2 while using Wiimote and Nunchuck for player 1 - did not work for me, not even player 1 would respond to pressing buttons on the second gamepad. But I might try again and see if I made a mistake somewhere.

Edit: I just tried again, and guess what? It started working just like that. Used a Wiimote for player 1 and a GameCube Controller in slot 2 for player 2. I still have no idea why it wasn't working before or what might have gone wrong. Thanks again for your help mightymuffy as well as you, Leo Alves^^ With that I think this thread can be marked as solved and closed.

Last edited by LinkFan16,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM