Homebrew Snes9xGX Mod [Preview + WiiUPro + ScreenShot button]

Zopenko

Link He come to town Come to save the Princess Z
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I was asking specifically for the 8 mb memory expansion. To see if the zelda iq rom that bitburger was asking could run on the wii.
Yesterday I did a quick mod to add the snes9x code that fusoya modified and test the zelda hack.
It did not work.
Lets hope I may have an in correct rom but it did work on my pc
Ill post the dol later to see if bitburguer can test them.

As for the performance hit with the coverflow mod. Lets cross that bridge once we get there :)

Last edited by Zopenko,

BITBURGER

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was asking specifically for the 8 mb memory expansion. To see if the zelda iq rom that bitburger was asking could run on the wii.
Yesterday I did a quick mod to add the snes9x code that fusoya modified and test the zelda hack.
It did not work.
Lets hope I may have an in correct rom but it did work on my pc
Ill post the dol later to see if bitburguer can test them.

As for the performance hit with the coverflow mod. Lets cross that bridge once we get there :)

Cool @Zopenko I have full confidence in your man
It's going to work is a very nice hack and then work
The legend of Zelda The Oracle of Secrets OR (meogami) also

ps... Forgot to say is this compiled version when finished also able to read compressed rom files with the .Zip extension ???? THE IQ TEST is patched with Xdelta and has the extension zip instead of .smc or .sfc ;)

Last edited by BITBURGER,

Zopenko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Cool @Zopenko I have full confidence in your man
It's going to work is a very nice hack and then work
The legend of Zelda The Oracle of Secrets OR (meogami) also

ps... Forgot to say is this compiled version when finished also able to read compressed rom files with the .Zip extension ???? THE IQ TEST is patched with Xdelta and has the extension zip instead of .smc or .sfc ;)
Bitburguer as they say on the romhacking forums. You have to apply the patch with xdelta and the rom file must have the SFC extension (you put this extension eithin the xdelta app) Not ZIP.
I don't understand why do you need the zip extension.

Zopenko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, here's the 4.3.4 version with Fusoya's 8mb fix, but..... here's the thing:
there's two different versions of the fix, one on his homepage and one on the commit for snes9x
the difference is on the memmap.cpp file, one says the address is x4000 & x60000 and the other one is x6000 & x6000
so here's both versions, test them and see if the zelda iq hack works :)
- version with 4&6
- version with 6&6

Last edited by Zopenko,

BITBURGER

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The maker type the patched rom must have the extension .SFC but on my lap it only works when i rename the file to .ZIP
and than it say's on youre bot newed compiled dol files
File cannot read :(

BITBURGER

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey Good Guy @Zopenko,

I Ask t good Hacker Mister Puzzledude himself

This is what is said
That't the old readme.

And that's the new one:
2.) Get the Xdelta Patching Program here:
http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/598/

3.) Unzip the archive xdeltaUI.rar and run the Xdelta UI patcher.

4.) Select the Tab "Apply Patch" (which is a default setting)

5.) Under Patch select the Zelda3_IQ_Patch.xdelta

6.) Under Source File select the Original Rom
(US non headered Alttp rom with 1.024 KB)

7.) Under Output File press the ... button and then
type in Zelda3 IQ.zip

With other words Mister @Zopenko
The patched extension is .ZIP

BITBURGER

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
He Hello @sindrik
That's it's it strangest on that rom its ExLorom 8 mb compressed and in Windows Fusoya Snes9x works that Zip you can play it
that's the Reason i ask to @Zopenko of it possible to compile a version for the Wii they does the same as the Windows Snes9x Fusoya Emulator

This is my own demo hack

a29dte.jpg

THX To The Master(sters) :D

Hello here Demo v.12.5

Download

iamatmylimit

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I tested the Zelda IQ on the new zopenko builds and it didn't work but it may not be worth it to go through so much trouble for one game that is unpopular or even known.

@sindrik Nightmare busters (zipped) does work on zopenko's build in the first post from days ago. the only game that doesn't work is that strange game Zelda IQ and it doesn't surprise me because people have trouble running it on regular known emulaters on regular pc's. I can see all the trouble for fixing games like chrono trigger and final fantasy III because those are popular games but it may not be worth it to go so much trouble for one game. supposedly the older (oldest version of snes9xgx for wii will run it because it plays all those weird hacks (like the Mario games with sound issues) but I haven't tested it yet.

Zopenko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I tested the Zelda IQ on the new zopenko builds and it didn't work but it may not be worth it to go through so much trouble for one game that is unpopular or even known.
Yes you are correct. I wont go to all that trouble just to fix this game. It just that it seem like a simple two line fix. That Is why i decided to build those betas. :)

One more thing i would like to add is the libsixacsis. I remember seeing somebody releasing a mod with it.

BITBURGER

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
so with other words @Zopenko there comes not a new build that fix the problem with Zipped 8m EXLorom roms
that can play on youre modded Release of Snes9xGX ???? hmmmm bad man but respect for youre great jobs man RESPECT !!!!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@sindrik Nightmare busters (zipped) does work on zopenko's build in the first post from days ago. the only game that doesn't work is that strange game Zelda IQ and it doesn't surprise me because people have trouble running it on regular known emulaters on regular pc's. I can see all the trouble for fixing games like chrono trigger and final fantasy III because those are popular games but it may not be worth it to go so much trouble for one game. supposedly the older (oldest version of snes9xgx for wii will run it because it plays all those weird hacks (like the Mario games with sound issues) but I haven't tested it yet.

Sjee man on the Fusoya Snes9x 1,53 it works why is it than not possible that can work on the wii With @Zopenko modded Release ????

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
I think the .zip file naming was just a way to prevent the hacked ROM to be written on a real cartridge or flashcarts. The original readme did not mention it .

http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=20490.0

Make sure to read these simple instructions again from the Readme:
Open the Xdelta UI patcher (Included in the ZIP).
Select APPLY patch.

-Under Patch select the Zelda3_IQ_Patch.xdelta
-Under Source File select the Original Rom (US non-headered Alttp rom with 1.024 KB)
-Under Output File press the ... button and then type in Zelda3 IQ.sfc

-Note: the file extension of the hack must be .sfc

xdelta.png

The xdelta will prevent patching to the false rom and will thus not produce bugged roms like ips.

The second thing you should know is, that this game simply uses a different format. It is a Exlorom instead of Lorom. And will run on any device, which supports Exlorom. I've just supplied Fusoya's emulators, so players don't need to search for them, since they are the most appropriate choice.

The famous SMW hack by Fusoya called Super Demo World The Legend Continue uses a similar format. You even need to expand the rom in his case before patching and his game is a hit. So this format should be acceptable for hacks.

There is no way the hack itself can know its file extension or need a specific file extension by itself, this is only a loader thing, so if I were you, I would just use the original instructions and name the patched ROM file as a .sfc file, then load it with one of the build posted here http://gbatemp.net/threads/snes9xgx-mod-preview-wiiupro-screenshot-button.389448/page-8#post-6070100

If that does not work, it means Fusoya's fix to restore 8MB ExLoROM mapper support in snes9x 1.53 was not properly backported in GX.

Also see snes9x official repository for the fix:
https://github.com/snes9xgit/snes9x/issues/26

with the two relevant commits:
https://github.com/snes9xgit/snes9x/commit/d8e5d090aa804463a3b27d65aaa657769d8b976d

https://github.com/snes9xgit/snes9x/commit/58f28b2dde4cf8629852970535d358394ad18bfa

Last edited by Jacobeian,

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
@Zopenko sorry to bother you in latest build do you know if the awful slow down issue is fixed when using filters I noticed this issue on official release and really thinking of trying your modded build but I need to get a new SD card 1st as mine is faulty

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Touché.