Homebrew Snes9xGX Mod [Preview + WiiUPro + ScreenShot button]

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thank you both for the fast responses!

When I referred to this translation as a "hack" I meant it more as simply a modification of an original ROM file; as if my memory is right, I've read several times how emulator developers usually don't like that much to modify their software to support hacks that may need special changes for them to work; and I thought this would be a similar case (even if translations are, normally, far more important than other types of modifications).

I'll give Burnt Lasagna's modified emu a shot as soon as I have some free time, thank you. I guess it will need the extra files (xml, bml) too, right?

EDIT: Hey, seems to work perfectly!

I was kind of sceptical about the Real Time Clock working on a Wii emulator but alas, it seems to work fine, I entered the game at different times and once I load my game and look at the menu, the time is the one on the system!

Thank you so much again, Burnt Lasagna. I only have one question more: If I had to change the Wii's hour and date, would that affect my ability to continue using that save file?

Last edited by Maeson, , Reason: Edit

Burnt Lasagna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you both for the fast responses!
If I had to change the Wii's hour and date, would that affect my ability to continue using that save file?
Yeah. Snes9x GX seems to use the date and time you set in the game but uses the Wii's internal clock to make up the difference after each shut off. Changing the Wii's time later will mess up the time in the game, in my testing.
Though you can make a backup of your .srm save, re-set the real time clock (with new Wii clock settings), then restore the save to fix this issue.

Last edited by Burnt Lasagna,
Reactions: Maeson

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I waited to check this with the change of hour here where I live.

It seems that changing the hour of your Wii does not cause problems if the hour you change into is a later one that the hour in your save file (or maybe on the emulators RCT?), and seemed fine.

The game had 28-10-17 10:33 PM, and I changed the Wii at 29-10-17 01:06 AM, to 00:06 AM, and booting the game showed the hour correctly ingame without doing anything.

So that's pretty cool!

Valken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Do you think it could be possible to add an overclock feature to snes9x gx? a lot of snes games would benefit from a bit of overclock...

Valken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sure, but there are a lot of non superfx games that have massive slowdown... I'm wondering if it's possible to verclock the main snes cpu to improve those games

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Sure, but there are a lot of non superfx games that have massive slowdown... I'm wondering if it's possible to verclock the main snes cpu to improve those games
Massive slowdowns? For example? I haven't had any kind of minor speed issues with any other games except the SuperFX ones, and even with those, i've finished Star Fox 2 at least 15 times.

baco81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Massive slowdowns? For example? I haven't had any kind of minor speed issues with any other games except the SuperFX ones, and even with those, i've finished Star Fox 2 at least 15 times.
@niuus I think Valken refers to slowdowns on games that happened on real snes hardware, not due to snes9x-gx issues or Wii limitations. Those exist and could be addressed on some cases by a CPU overclocking feature if it would be added to snes9x-gx

Valken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Exactly. A lot of snes games (almost all the shmups, for instance) have slowdowns on the real hardware (as well as on snes9xgx).
Maybe a small overclock of the main cpu could avoid these slowdowns, improving the original gameplay.
Just i don't know how to implement this feature in snes9x gx binary.

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
@niuus I think Valken refers to slowdowns on games that happened on real snes hardware, not due to snes9x-gx issues or Wii limitations. Those exist and could be addressed on some cases by a CPU overclocking feature if it would be added to snes9x-gx
Oh, cool, that makes more sense. It would certainly be pretty nice. I think GenesisPlus GX recently implemented that feature.

Last edited by niuus,

defrb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So ive been trying to get my "fake" wiiu pro controller to work with this release without luck, my wiiu pro controller works for every game in wiiu mode and also sinks perfecty with vWii.
Does anyone know a solution for this, or is there anywhere a release wich do support third party wiiu controllers, would love to have that working :)

Thanks for listening

dexter2341

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to get this working on USB? I wanted to move all of my games from my SD card to a hard drive but I keep having issues. After I change the settings to load from USB, the next time I load the emulator it freezes and I have to hold the power button the Wii to shut it down. I've noticed this issue on fce ultra gx and snes9xgx as well. Just wondering if it is something on my end or an issue with the emulators as everything else on the hard drive works fine.

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Figured out the snapshot problem! The bug is that creating a snapshot changes the current directory in the filebrowser object (probably to the snapshot directory), so when you try to load the next MSU-1 related file, it looks for it in the wrong directory. Unfortunately, because the original author didn't bother to implement the S9xGetFilename function, I'm not really sure how to get the right path. So, if anybody else is more familiar with the Gx-specific code, here is the line you need to fix:

https://github.com/qwertymodo/snes9xgx/blob/msu1/source/snes9x/msu1.cpp#L245

All you need to do is replace "browser.dir" with the folder containing the currently loaded ROM file.

Edit: Ok, I got it. This feels like such a dirty hack, but honestly, that describes so many things about this port, one more isn't going to hurt anybody. Snapshots are officially fixed.

https://github.com/qwertymodo/snes9xgx/commit/d11f8b067c7bd0eb3b22f4f78e9b04e6022c538e

can you or niuus upload the compiled dol of this? id love to have my snapshots fixed :)

Flo_o

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, a question, is it possible to create a modded version of the latest build without the included button combination to go back to the menu (All together: A+B+X+Y+L+R)? It sounds strange but my Mario Kart friends have a lot of trouble with this feature in the latest build of Snes9XGX when playing an intense race. It would be way better to add the select button to the menu shortcut instead of only normal buttons, for example A+B+X+Y+SELECT+R

Boktai1000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couple newbie questions. Is there a way to download a pre-compiled version of this - and if so is there a version for GameCube? Looking to launch this via SWISS. Also is there a disparity between GC/Wii versions here, I've seen some emulators that simply run better or designed to run on Wii, and with MSU support I'm curious about the speed it may run at. Thanks!

rayabusa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Do you guys know why MSU1 only works when i load the emulator from the channel? when i load it via HBC MSU1 sound doesnt work...

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
There is a msu 1 emulator for wii? :O
Yeah there is a MSU-1 SNES emulator which is an updated version of this however there a few issues with it if you save state and load the state of the save MSU-1 audio doesn't work anymore and you will get original audio I'm not sure if it's been fixed however

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)