Homebrew Snes9XGX and usb drive

typo99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having a bit of trouble with snesgx using my usb drive. Using Snes9xGX 4.0.5.

My fat32 partition is set as primary 1. The snes9x directory in the root of the usb drive, but Snes9xGX says "USB drive not found" when I set the load and save options to "USB". It works fine with it set to "SD" or "AUTO".

The drive is working with the Wii since wadmanager can see and use it and also the usbloader can see and load its configuration and covers from the FAT32 partition.

Have installed cIOS36 rev10 as IOS249 and cIOS USB2 as IOS202.

Does this emulator support USB2?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Cius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i actually have the same problem, i have to install and uninstall dvdx to get the snes emulator to detect my usb harddrive

typo99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cius said:
i actually have the same problem, i have to install and uninstall dvdx to get the snes emulator to detect my usb harddrive

Wow, so you end up with no dvdx? That's a tough choice to make.

Are you using HBC 1.03 and dvdx from hackmii installer 0.2 and then uninstalling dvdx?

Cius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yah i'm using the newest homebrew channel but not that version of dvdx as it doesn't allow for advance install as ios202 which mplayerce uses for usb 2.0. As soon as i uninstall dvdx though everything works fine exccept mplayer is back down to crappy usb 1.1 speed which sometimes causes code dumps from watching movies if it can't read them fast enough.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
The same problem, either you have MPlayer with USB support or SNES9X with USB support. I think more apps should be pointed to 202.

Tantric I see you =P

Jimbo100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cius said:

What's the downside of having no install of DVDx?

DigitalSquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally don't even use DVDx, its not that big of a loss.. but thats just me. That, and emulation from USB isn't the greatest, USB loads a lot slower than SD and in my case, it is a lot less reliable. My Wii locks up occasionally when booting SNES and GBA.

And the downside of having no DVDx is just means you can't play DVD movies off your Wii, big whoop. Wii sucks at it anyway.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
then there are no downsides for you
happy.gif

no DVDX = no support for burned DVD in homebrew
if you don't need that, you obviously don't need DVDX

Personally, I prefer storing my favorite roms on DVD rather than having an USB drive permanently hanged to my Wii, it's not like they are going to change very often and 4.7GB of roms to play is more than I will ever play with emulators anyway ^^

CoolGeneral

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i have another problems with snes9x gx 4.0.9 and my usb hdd (my platinum 500GB HDD - 1st. Partition Fat32).

when I start Snes9x GX it find my usb hdd und load all games. When i play a game for a while (e.g. over 10 minutes) and press Home to go in the Snes9X GX Menü - my usb hdd turn off and the emulator says "USB drive not found". The LED of the HDD is out but I hear they are still running. Snes9x GX
finds it again only if I disconnect it from the usb and reconnect.

I don't have any Problems when i play Wii Games over USB Loader GX.
It works flawlessly.

Is the HDD defective or the emulator's fault?

Firmware: 4.1E
cIOS: rev. 14
Snes9x GX: 4.0.9
HDD: my Platinum 500GB 2,5'' external HDD. (without power supply, power over usb -
no Y cable)

Can anyone help me?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?