Hacking Snes9xGX 002 better SNES Emulator for Wii !!!!

codone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tichinde925 said:
Is this better than lopst's 3.1 SNES9X emulator?

I too was using the Lopst 3.1 version. I just tried this new version, and so far, it's definitely better! I just use the Gamecube controller so I can't say how the support has changed using other controllers.

The big difference I saw was the music is much more correctly emulated in this version. Namely, I tested Super Star Wars, which had bad stuck instruments and echoing on the lopst version. Also, I tested Tetris Attack, which on the 2nd stage (Freezegood) the music was a little off. On this version, I didn't notice any problems.

Just copy the directory under the "APPS" directory to your APPS on your SD, and it's installed and ready to go. It can browse and use the roms from your previous version too.

I left the other version installed too, in case I want to compare other ROMs in the future.

Regards,
Codone

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
lopst 3.1 version uses complicated file names for the saves, and this 002 version just uses the games' name.
is there any way of finding out which save is which from lopst's version so I can rename them to use in 002?

ViRGE

Trophies
XP
Country
jeklnoo said:
jesus, not yet another snes9x emulator. there must be like 7 different incompatible versions out there right now. Isn't there some sort of central place that all these people can work on the same codebase, instead of tons of sloppy hacks and duplicated work?
Although I greatly appreciate all of the work that has gone in to Wii homebrew this year, this statement does echo my thoughts rather well. All of these different versions are starting to get confusing. They could at least name them something other than Snes9X.

Gnac

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kedest said:
lopst 3.1 version uses complicated file names for the saves, and this 002 version just uses the games' name.
is there any way of finding out which save is which from lopst's version so I can rename them to use in 002?

The saves are named according to the CRC of the ROM itself. Open the ROM's zipfile in WinRAR or windows explorer, and you should see a hexadecimal code in the CRC column, if you've chosen to show it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome