Snes9x Wii-emu question

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Prince Valmont, May 19, 2008.

1. Prince Valmont
    OP

Prince Valmont GBAtemp Regular

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Midwest
    So I'm having a problem with one of the latest builds of Snes9x Channel for the Wii.
    It's version 2.5; the one that features long filenames and auto SRM saving

But my problem is that when I'm using the Classic Controller in any game, the control stick can only work in immediate up, down, left and right. No diagonal movement. This is excruciatingly annoying in games like Zelda, Earthbound, and Chrono Trigger.

So my question is to the users who've used any build of Snes9x Wii: Is this a common bug, or is it just the version I'm using?
    Unfortunately, the post I found the download link (In PaRaDoX's banner release) only led to a download with nothing more than just the .wad file. No instructions or anything.

This is my first attempt of playing an Emulator on the Wii, and I've been blown away with how impressive it is. I enjoy playing Virtual Console games with the Classic Controller, and I'm just so used to using the analog stick for controll. I only wish to bring the same means of control to the emulator.

If anyone has any info, please let me know.
    Thanks.

2. Supertag

Supertag Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2007
    United States
    I have the same problem

3. CosmoKramer

CosmoKramer GBAtemp Regular

May 6, 2008
    United States
    Same thing happens to me too when i use the WiiMote and Nunchuk combo.. [​IMG] I don't have no other controls, so i manage to use just the WiiMote...

4. fischju

fischju Rehabilitated Jaywalker

Jan 11, 2008
    United States
    Hmm, I used the Wii controller with the version in Parodox's first post - the nunchuk's analog stick seems to have all manner of directions. (Also, "all manner" is brought to you courtesy of my own personal Firefly marathon today)

5. syldaril

syldaril Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2006
    Swaziland
    Philadelphia, PA
    Would anyone mind linking to where I can find this version of SNES9X? I wasn't aware there was such a version out. Thanks!

Syldaril

6. fischju

Jan 11, 2008
    United States
  7. syldaril

syldaril Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2006
    Swaziland
    Philadelphia, PA
  8. fischju

Jan 11, 2008
    United States
    The one that people in this thread are complaining about not working right......

9. Prince Valmont
    OP

Prince Valmont GBAtemp Regular

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Midwest