Homebrew SNES9x Problems

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
As the topic description says. When I load SNES9x I can see the list but when I choose my ROM I got a black screen. The program is running as I can hear the emulator responding to button presses so I assume this has something to do with my video settings in emulation. Of course I can't change them without being able to see what I'm doing in the menus! Is there any way to reset the video settings to default or edit them outside of the emulator?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You must delete the settings.xml in sd:/apps/snes9xgx or sd/snes9xgx. I'm not sure which folder it was
laugh.gif
You could also try my compiled version, second link in my signature.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have 2 SNES9x folders in my SD card. I have SNES9x and SNES9xGX. I'm guessing the GX one has been created by newer versions as all my ROMs and saves are in the other folder.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Seems like some TV does not like the ORIGINAL render mode. Same problem occurs with VC actually.
If you accidentally changed the video "render" setting (ORIGINAL, FILTERED, UNFILTERED) or used a different video cable/TV without resetting video settings, you can experiment issue like this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night