Midna

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I'm having some trouble. Snes9x GX and VBA used to work perfectly. No issues at all. But I'm having some issues now that I can't really trace back to any event. I like running level edited copies of Super Mario World ("hacks"). This used to work like a charm. I beat a few hacks on there. Now, when I start up a level on one of those, I get this terrible loud clicking noise that drowns out all the background music. I tried playing Earthbound on there, which once worked, and it code dumps every 20 minutes or so. VBA seems to like randomly freezing, at least on M&L SS, which I previously beat on there with no issues.

I've updated the emulators, reformatted the card, put different hacks on, fiddled with the settings, whatever. No change. Anyone exer experienced anything like this?

metalmouth647

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats really odd. VBA works perfectly for me, just tested it and updated it. If I were to take a random guess, I'd say your SD card is failing. Try hooking it up to your computer and see if a notification pops up saying its not working as before.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive heard that clicking audio and stuff like this can be caused by using only a specific video mode. try changing from pal-50 to pal-60 or whatever. if youre ntsc, then theres only 480, and it shouldnt matter, and you can probably just ignore this post.

Hozu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I also had an issue with the later versions of SNES9X GX when playing SMW hacks. Certain things completely killed the sound. It happened with the version right before USB 2.0 via IOS 58 was added. I haven't tried with the latest version yet though.

Edit: Issue still present with the latest version. Looking at the changelog it probably started happening with 4.2.1 as I know that it was working before that.

Midna

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hozu said:
I also had an issue with the later versions of SNES9X GX when playing SMW hacks. Certain things completely killed the sound. It happened with the version right before USB 2.0 via IOS 58 was added. I haven't tried with the latest version yet though.

Edit: Issue still present with the latest version. Looking at the changelog it probably started happening with 4.2.1 as I know that it was working before that.
Hmm. Maybe I should try an old version? ...Where can I find an older version? I've checked around, the older versions have all been replaced.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Midna said:
Hozu said:

Hmm. Maybe I should try an old version? ...Where can I find an older version? I've checked around, the older versions have all been replaced.
Here!
http://code.google.com/p/snes9x-gx/downloa...e+DownloadCount

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
terminal_illness said:
i have an issue aswell, i downloaded and installed the updated official forwarder channels for fceu ultra gx and vbagx and now i get booted back to wii menu, i have lateset versions of those apps on my hdd.
Do you have IOS58 installed?

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Double check the directories... if they are right, it could be your harddrive isn't compatible with the new version of the forwarders. You only needed to update the forwarder channels if the old ones were causing a problem.

Just reinstall the old ones and you should be fine.

BlackNemesis13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Midna said:
I'm having some trouble. Snes9x GX and VBA used to work perfectly. No issues at all. But I'm having some issues now that I can't really trace back to any event. I like running level edited copies of Super Mario World ("hacks"). This used to work like a charm. I beat a few hacks on there. Now, when I start up a level on one of those, I get this terrible loud clicking noise that drowns out all the background music. I tried playing Earthbound on there, which once worked, and it code dumps every 20 minutes or so. VBA seems to like randomly freezing, at least on M&L SS, which I previously beat on there with no issues.

I've updated the emulators, reformatted the card, put different hacks on, fiddled with the settings, whatever. No change. Anyone ever experienced anything like this?
Sorry to bump this thread, but I'm having the same exact issue. I've already tried installing older versions of Snes9x GX, but none of them solved the problem. I've only noticed the sound issue when playing SMW hacks that have custom music in them. All of these hacks worked fine 6 months ago (which was the last time I played one), but now the sound glitches out after about 2 minutes of play. The music will either produce loud screeches, only partially play, or die out entirely. It seems like its an emulator issue, but everything I've tried to fix it so far has failed. I've fiddled with the settings, reinstalled the emulator, tried different versions of the emulator, reformatted the card, and nothing has worked.

The only thing I can think of that is different between now and 6 months ago is that I updated to ios58 and installed homebrew to it. Should I try running it off of another ios? Also, I'm pretty sure I have a NAND backup from before I upgraded to ios58. Do you think I should restore this NAND backup and then try it? I'm still a little new to homebrew so please bear with me.

tonys02

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am having problems with the roms i have them but my snes9x gx wont find them. i found out they are the wrong format. is there any way to change the format

JonthanD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tonys02 said:
i am having problems with the roms i have them but my snes9x gx wont find them. i found out they are the wrong format. is there any way to change the format

Should just be able to change the extension.

Like if they end in .rom and you need .smc just change the last 3 letters....

If you have a ton of ROMs the best thing to do is get a program that will be able to do wild cards like

*.rom into *.smc will change all the files in the directory from one format into the other.

I use a program called Ken Rename its free and works well even under Windows 7 64 bit.

http://myprogramspace.blogspot.com/2008/07...me-tool-v0.html

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are actually some roms in a truly different format for SNES and changing the extension won't guarantee it'll work.

Do a search for SNEStool... oldie but a goodie, changed all of my rom formats back in the day.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I like how Amazon just has one long Add to cart button now just in case I forget where it is