Snes9X GX v4.3.0 ⇨ v4.3.1

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by VatoLoco, Jul 7, 2012.

Jul 7, 2012

Snes9X GX v4.3.0 ⇨ v4.3.1 by VatoLoco at 6:19 AM (6,102 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. VatoLoco
    OP

Member VatoLoco Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

United States
    [​IMG]

GBAtemp community member Tantric has updated Snes9X GX, the Super Nintendo emulator for the Wii, from version 4.3.0 to version 4.3.1. Check the change log for what's new, and be sure to visit the project page for more information about this homebrew.

[​IMG] Download
    [​IMG] Project Page

2. buckweed187

Newcomer buckweed187 Member

United Kingdom
    Installed this from my wii (well i was working on a new wii and installed Snes9x from my own files saved.
    ran the channel installer and then updated it (to i'm guessing 4.3.0) but its not working now ?

I get a code dump and then i have to hard reset on me,also tried without the forwarder but same problem ?
    I'm guessing it would of worked before the update tho.

Only thing i can think of is this wii is is 4.1 and mines 4.3 not sure if i want to chances updating my Snes9x incase i get the same bug.

Anyone else had problems?

3. azoreseuropa

Member azoreseuropa GBAtemp Psycho!

Portugal
    Nice. Is there a way I can remove this picture and make my own design ? Look at 0:31. I dont like this.

4. the_randomizer

Member the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    "Timing changes"....for what?

5. ScorpioN48

Newcomer ScorpioN48 Newbie

Spain
    Problems with the version 4.3.0 too. I get a code dump (the version 4.2.9 runs correctly) My wii is 4.3E , FCE Ultra GX 3.3.0 and Visual Boy Advance GX 2.2.6 same problem, code dump, but FCE Ultra GX 3.2.9 and Visual Boy Advance GX 2.2.5 runs correctly

6. RchUncleSkeleton

Member RchUncleSkeleton Skeletron 9000

United States
    I don't know if this still holds true but in earlier versions if you didn't have a valid network connection or did not wait for it to connect before loading the emulator (there's a small signal meter that flashes on the bottom right in the homebrew channel and when it goes stable it's connected) it would give a code dump and would have to be hard reset. To get around this problem with this and other emulators, you might try taking the SD card to your pc and opening the .xml file inside each emulators app folder using notepad and deleting the no_ios_reload line and then save the file and try it again. It's very possible that the bug still exists and doing this will help you use the emulator without crashing.

7. ScorpioN48

Newcomer ScorpioN48 Newbie

Spain
    Problems solved in Snes9X GX 4.3.1 , FCE Ultra GX 3.3.1 and Visual Boy Advance GX 2.2.7 thank you anyhow ^^
    4.3.1 - July 7, 2012
    ·Fixed PAL support

8. azoreseuropa

Portugal
    Please kind to answer my question, anybody ? :)

9. Nah3DS

Member Nah3DS Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!

Argentina
    you will have to modify the wad banner
    just rip the png files with customizemii and edit them the way you want

10. azoreseuropa

Portugal
    Oh.. Familiar to PSP. Okay, thank you very much! :)

11. Presto99

Member Presto99 You slammin, bro?

United States
    So, yay, but also not yay. If possible, could anyone with knowledge on this attempt to fix my problem?
    I've been playing Super Mario World, but a ROM with the graphics changed. On the main SMW hacking site (forgot its name) it's called Super Mario World Redrawn. Everything has been working great, until the update just now. Now when I have have Filtering set to hq2x Bold, the game slows down a bit, especially the music. Rendering can be set to whatever, but I really wish I could set the Filter without slowdown...tempted to go back to the previous version. :\

And....just checked. This slowdown also happens when Filtering is set to anything besides None, on any game, including the normal SMW ROM. Thanks!