Snes9x GX 'USB Drive Not Found'

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by lettuce, Oct 17, 2009.

Oct 17, 2009

Snes9x GX 'USB Drive Not Found' by lettuce at 4:12 PM (3,294 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. lettuce
    OP

Member lettuce GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I am trying to get Snes9x GX 4.1.2 setup on my portable HD. But when i select USB mass Storage, from the list within Snes9x it says it cannot find the usb drive. I know that the Wii can indeed find the drive as ive been using USB loader GX. I have read other people having the same problem but they have had DVDx installed, but i do not have this installed so it wont be that causing the problem. It also does it for the NES emulator aswell. Any suggestions?

2. 9th_Sage

Member 9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Are you using the 'Advanced' version of DVDx (with perhaps IOS202)? If so, install the regular version or try the other USB port. Maybe you don't use it, but it sounds like a problem I had when I did.

3. lettuce
    OP

United Kingdom
    I dont think i have the advanced version, unless it installed it without me noticing, how can i find out it it is on my system? Also i have tried the other USB socket on the back of the Wii with no joy

4. GolfDude

Member GolfDude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    i found the newest versions of snesgx and fceugx dont work with fowarder channels, but work through the HBC in terms of hard drive loading

5. lettuce
    OP

United Kingdom
    Ah ok, ill give them a try, as i am using the forwarder atm. Is there a way to get the emulator to use USB Loader GX???