Homebrew SNES9x GX "Turbo Mode"?

TheBeverage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In SNES9x GX, is there any way to disable the fast forward/turbo mode that is activated by hitting the right analog stick to the right on the classic controller? I find myself hitting it accidentally and would like to know if there's a file I can edit (in the settings or in the source) to just remove that function entirely. Thanks!

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
In SNES9x GX, is there any way to disable the fast forward/turbo mode that is activated by hitting the right analog stick to the right on the classic controller? I find myself hitting it accidentally and would like to know if there's a file I can edit (in the settings or in the source) to just remove that function entirely. Thanks!
Funny, i have never ever hit the Turbo accidentally. Anyway, you can compile the official source, it is already disabled.
https://github.com/dborth/snes9xgx/

Reactions: TheBeverage

TheBeverage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I seem to have overestimated my abilities. I have downloaded the files but cannot for my life figure out how to compile it. Googling tells me to look for compilation instructions in the individual project, which I also can't seem to find. I'm assuming the 4.3.7 version doesn't have this change? I'm still running 4.3.6. I guess I have to wait for the next version then?

Apologies for my technical ineptitude.

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Okay, I seem to have overestimated my abilities. I have downloaded the files but cannot for my life figure out how to compile it. Googling tells me to look for compilation instructions in the individual project, which I also can't seem to find. I'm assuming the 4.3.7 version doesn't have this change? I'm still running 4.3.6. I guess I have to wait for the next version then?

Apologies for my technical ineptitude.
As a matter of fact, it does have it (since 4.3.6). Why not download the 4.3.7 binary release instead of compiling from scratch?

Reactions: TheBeverage

TheBeverage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, now I'm confused -- I downloaded 4.3.7, made sure to clear old config files, and the turbo function is still tied to that stick.

At this point I guess I'll just wait for the next release, assuming it's gone in the source.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool