Homebrew Snes9x GX, FCE Ultra GX etc 'USB Drive Not Found' HELP

lettuce

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok i am using TroyTheZombie's Animated Channel Wads for Snes9x GX, FCE Ultra GX, VBA GX emulators. I have the actual emulators on my USB drive under the apps folder, ie, USB:/USB/apps/Snes9xGX, and dont even have an SD card inserted in the Wii. When i load the emulator and select USB device from the list of devices, i get the message 'USB Drive Not Found'. Any ideas how i can fix this, as the emulator must be able to detect the USB drive as its loaded the emulator from the USB drive in the first place. I have noticed that if i run Snes9xGX from the HBC i dont get this problem, it seems to be something the TroyThe Zombie's forwards are doing??

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to the issues list for snes9xgx, this is a "devkitpro issue" and Tantric is not all that concerned about correcting it.

Although one comment claims it's a cIOSCORP issue...another suggests the dhewg has something to do with it.

"STATUS - WON'T FIX"

I put the dol and all of the roms i might actually play onto my SD card and everything is working fine from there

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
If it works with HBC but not with forwarders, this is definitively not an issue with the emulator but with the forwarder DOL loader that is doing something wrong... btw, emulators does not implement USB support themselves, they only use libogc/libfat generic functions to access those kind of devices, functions that rely on original IOS low-level drivers to wor properly.

So really, there is no reason to bug emu authors with this and he's right to say it's not his problem, the problem is most likely with the forwarder or because of loading an unsupported/modified IOS

lettuce

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah thats what i said its not actually the emulator, its something to do with the forwarder. Just wondered if anyone had a fix for this

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended