Homebrew SNES9X GX cover flow issue...

unvmyss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LONG time lurker first time poster. Thanks for the great site by the way everybody. I have an issue. I downloaded the 4.1.5 cover mod SNES9X GX and put it on my softmodded wii. I spent many days going through every hi-res cover art and rom and renaming them and resizing them all to the correct pixel resolutions. Now I load it up and bam! looks awesome on my tv. The issue is that some of my games just plain don't show up. I have a lot of games on it, including Japanese games, butits just some that don't show up on the cover view mod. The ones that don't show up do show up on the list view so I don't understand what is going on. Its not that it isn't just showing the box art, the game itself won't show up, or the ??? box art for the game. Any suggestions? Also, I could upload the image pack if you guys want it, it contains almost every SNES box art in the correct resolution and they are quality box art PNG's. I have seen a similar pack going around but every box art image is blurry as hell; not mine. So also let me know if you're interested. Please help with my issue.

SOuimet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm by no means an expert, and don't know if I'm on the right track. However, as an IT tech support, I do have an idea.

You did said that the games that don't show a cover are japanese games. Could it be a file naming problem? If there are special characters in the file names, perhaps the code that lists them isn't the same as the one that can load the picture and it can't load the file.

If I'm guessing right, you can rename the games and the pictures, either with less characters or with no special characters, and it could solve your problem.

unvmyss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I didn't mean that the Japanese games aren't showing up. I just meant that I have some on their too and even they show up. It's just random games. For example, I have installed 2 ips patched roms, Zelda Parallel Worlds, and Zelda BS, but a link to the past won't show up on the cover menu. Tried getting a new smc and nothing. I noticed a few more that didn't show up as well... Any other ideas? Thanks.

By the way, the way I have them named is:
Legend of Zelda - Parallel Worlds.smc
Legend of Zelda - BS.smc
Legend of Zelda - A Link To The Past.smc

Just a link to the past won't show up...

Dogway

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, that eventually happened to me but solved don't remember how. Just pay attention to capital letters (they matter in Linux), and how they are named. Then you also need to have the .png's in the right format 316x224 @24bit. Anways I released a neat pack as well, good covers, packed roms, tidy names, etc...

unvmyss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dogway... I checked and rechecked the size of the png and the rom name and the covers name. I copied from one and pasted it to the other. Names match up. I noticed now im having the same issue with ultimate mortal kombat III as well. I tried downloading the rims from a.different source and it didn't change. I tried deleting and creating a new zip folder. Nothing. Its very bizarre because I would think it would show since all I did was copy alttp and add the ips patch to create the parallel worlds game... and it shows up but not the original. Im sure there are a lot of games not showing up. Anyone else got any ideas?? When is an official release going to support cover flow? That's eye candy there like the wiiflow app.

Dogway

Trophies
XP
Country
I said, check the .png bit depth, you might have saved it with transparency. If problem persists send me a problematic cover .png and I will check. I guess it's that, but I can confirm you if so.

unvmyss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dogway,

Ok I tried getting a completely new .png and still nothing. Maybe I didn't explain very well... My issue is not arising from just the cover art not showing up, its not showing some games in cover view mode. Like, it won't even show the default box art with the "??" on them. It completely ignores that the game is on the sd card. But in list view with no covers it shows the game. Does that make sense? I've tried changing the png and tried getting new roms and tried renaming them. Nothing. I'm getting stumped.

unvmyss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I believe I have narrowed the issue down. I copied contents of my sd card to another. You know how the games are in alphabeical order? Well now the roms cut off somewhere in the T section. So my guess is that I have too many roms and there is a cap of how many you can have. Is there a way to edit/fix this? I don't want to get rid of any. I noticed I had the same issue with fce and the nes coverflow but I had a lot of hacked roms I didn't want so I deleted them and now it works fine but there must be a way to raise the rom cap. I have around 700 roms for snes on there. Any ideas now?

Also... for what its worth... the reason I think there's a cap is because the games I noticed that wouldn't show up earlier are now showing up...but cutting off somewhere in the T section.

wowwow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sometime ago i compiled the cover mods for snes and nes with the rom limit to 1000
just let me find them and upload them to a sever

unvmyss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wowwow,
that would be very appreciated! If you get the chance, could you say how it was done? I mean was it hard coded or just part of a text file?

halen

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wowwow if it is possible please put the new link for these archives. Nes and Snes support 1000 Roms.

Thanks in advance

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just create subfolders. there is only a limit on how many games are shown at 1 time. put A-M in 1 folder and N-Z in another.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i never updated it 1 single time. i wrote it, and gave it out. then i washed my hands of it. it doesnt interest me to keep updating something like this. it translates to doing the same exact thing over and over and thats not fun.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte