SNES9x GX cheats don't work

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Kawaii-Tora, Sep 23, 2010.

Sep 23, 2010

SNES9x GX cheats don't work by Kawaii-Tora at 7:35 AM (3,161 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. Kawaii-Tora
    OP

Newcomer Kawaii-Tora Advanced Member

Germany
    I have some cheatfiles for SNES9x GX but on rev. 633 i can select the cheats but they have no effect. on SNES9x on a Windows PC the same cheats are working. Is it a SNES9x GX relatet problem or do i do something wrong? Are FCEU GX and VBA GX effected too? (haven't testet it for now)

2. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    this is just how snes9x handles cheats. some of them work some of the time, some of them work none of the time, and some of them work perfectly. when i brought it up to tantric, i was pointed to this http://code.google.com/p/snes9x-gtk/issues/detail?id=53

anyways, i found that gamegenie codes converted to work in the emulator work almost 100% of the time for me. while action replay codes work only when first enabled and then their effect wears off and they have to be re-enabled. try to find yourself some gamegenie codes that have the same description as your .chts and convert them.

since fceu is a different enulator completely, this issue has nothing to do with it. actually, from what i read, game genie codes ( substitution:compare:address:value ) are worse for fceu than the normal "address: value" cheats. They supposedly take longer to apply and slowed down emulation. I dont know if that is true for the wii port of the emulator, but if i have 2 codes that do the same thing, i select the non-gamegenie version just in case.